Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First EVER Magic: The Gathering buy

The first pack of Magic: The Gathering cards that I ever bought for myself was today. It was a booster pack of the Return to Ravnica expansion, and when I opened it the first card I saw was the Jace, Architect of Thought card. Just last night talking to a friend who said that IF I was lucky enough to get a Jace card that I better buy a lotto ticket, because he bought the booster box when Return to Ravnica released, along with 50+ booster packs and he has NEVER seen a Jace card, and I get one with my first ever buy...hope my luck rolled over to that powerball ticket I bought 5 minutes later! Just so excited and had to share this with everyone, and no the card is not for sale! I'm giving it to him as a birthday gift!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spiked_creations's Items on eBay

magic the gathering pulls is kinda like buying a $200 pack of cards and pulling no autographs

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

magic the gathering pulls is kinda like buying a $200 pack of cards and pulling no autographs

who really cares about autographs if the card can sell in the hundreds or thousands by itself?

SCF Rewards
    Country

who really cares about autographs if the card can sell in the hundreds or thousands by itself?

because autographs are COOLER!!!! lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

yea...no offense spike, but personally, I'd MUCH rather pull a card that I could sell for guaranteed THOUSANDS of dollars over pulling an autograph that MIGHT be worth thousands of dollars when my grand-children are in their 80s...lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

lmfao if you can find someone to pay you more than $50 for Jace go for it.

I can buy Jace all day long for $50 http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_...20of%20Thought

And with them making thousands of them its RARER to pull a /25 patch/auto or something similar than a Jace..

Not to mention there's not any magic cards selling for over a thousand bucks, and there's plenty of autos/patches that are.
    Last edited by spikedzombies; 10-27-2012 at 12:13 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I understand what you're saying spike, but the only reason I posted this was because I was excited that the first ever booster pack I cracked for MTG was a Jace card. I gave it to a friend of mine as his b-day present, even though I know I could have sold it on ebay or other sites for $50 or so. I just wanted to share the news of my good luck because I didn't have many friends who would have known what I was talking about w/o having to explain every detail to them.