Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labeling Memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Country

Labeling Memorabilia

Probably a stupid question as many of you are young. If you do, how do you label baseball, mini helmet, puck, ect cubes? If I croak tomorrow my wife would not have any idea who many of the signatures are. I can understand getting chicken scratch for a graph you get from say training camp. Most of my auto's come from paid signings and you would think since an athlete is getting paid he would give you something better than the signature you get from your doctor on a prescription. The older players normally gave you a good graph but these younger guys are horrible. I'll pick on one guy. I love how he plays the game but his graph is atrocious. Who the heck would know who's signature a "B__'__ Ul____ 54" is. I have a few baseballs that I have to think twice who the heck is that and I got it signed myself. I have my collection on photobucket and inventoried on two sites plus have a spreadsheet. Even with that it would be very time consuming for my wife to figure out many of the signatures. I've been thinking about taping a typed out name to the bottom of the cube. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for your time.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey,

A spreadsheet is nice and all for monetary values and all. I made one myself for my HOF auto collection. I'd place every item you have on Photobucket with each pic named in the title (IE Pete Rose Baseball). She can use PB and then refer to your spreadsheet for monetary value, serial #, manufacturer, BV, and any other notes.....

For Instance:

I have a spreadsheet of my inventory with the following columns: Name / Year / Manufacturer / Type / Serial / Paid / BV / Notes . An example would be

Reggie Jackson / 2005 / Donruss Throwback Threads / Century Stars Prime / #02/10 / $20 / $60 / 3clr Jersey and Auto CS-9

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey,

A spreadsheet is nice and all for monetary values and all. I made one myself for my HOF auto collection. I'd place every item you have on Photobucket with each pic named in the title (IE Pete Rose Baseball). She can use PB and then refer to your spreadsheet for monetary value, serial #, manufacturer, BV, and any other notes.....

For Instance:

I have a spreadsheet of my inventory with the following columns: Name / Year / Manufacturer / Type / Serial / Paid / BV / Notes . An example would be

Reggie Jackson / 2005 / Donruss Throwback Threads / Century Stars Prime / #02/10 / $20 / $60 / 3clr Jersey and Auto CS-9

Mine is not as detailed as yours. I sure the heck don't want a column for "Paid", I cringe when I think about that. lol I've got close to 350 autographed items now and hopefully by the time they throw me in the ground or charcoal me I'll have well over 500. I think it would be way too time consuming for her to go back and forth from photobucket to a spreadsheet time after time after time. She already thinks I'm crazy the time I spend with a spreadsheet, two inventory/organizers (Here & Beckett) along with my bucket to keep updated.

I guess I should have been a lot clearer. I've got my baseballs/mini helmets/ect in UV protected cubes. I wanted to place something on/in the cubes or something else so my wife can pick up the cube and say OK that's Joe Montana or whoever. If you know a little about signatures Montana for instance is very easy to pick out, he gives you a lame JMO or A, whichever that squiggly letter is. My wife on the other hand would have no idea who the heck it is. I sorta don't want to tape the name to the cube itself so I was looking for other ideas. But if I don't get any other ideas I guess that's what I might do.

I have not even thought about cards yet. My wfie could pick out a players name, year, manufacturer, ect so there is no guess work involved. It's just time consuming, which I know she would hate. I used to have a sticker on the back of the penny sleeve with H-L Beckett for each card. I quit doing it since prices change and I don't feel like going through thousands of cards each year or two. Plus I enjoy looking over the cards and don't want something covering up part of the back.

Please LMK if you have any ideas for the cubes. Thanks a bunch.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 12-10-2012 at 04:46 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What about a self-adhesive mailing label? I print on Avery 5160 labels the players name, and date signed then put on the bottom of the case.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks. Great idea. I guess I'm still pondering if I want to affix something sticky to the case. I was thinking if someone later wanted to remove the label/sticker by using goo-gone it will not probably not damage the properties that are used to make the cube UV protected. Plus it is at the bottom of the cube where light would not be coming from anyway. I think I read someplace that those cubes are only good for a certain amount of time and they eventually lose the UV protection.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

I too think Labels would then work. Perhaps a small strip of blue painters tape on the bottom w/ info? It comes off things easy w/out leaving glue/residue.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I too think Labels would then work. Perhaps a small strip of blue painters tape on the bottom w/ info? It comes off things easy w/out leaving glue/residue.

Great idea. I don't want that stickiness. I'm trying to search how long those cubes keep their UV protection. I know the cheaper mylar sleeves I have my auto's in are supposed to be changed every two to three years. I think next time I'll have to invest in the more expensive ones that never need changing.

Thanks again.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

i put the players card on top of the cube. clamped by the cube itself on the top back part. I look at the card and know exactly who it is

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a great idea too, thanks for sharing. Since I have quite a few cubes I could put a cut up card inside. Of course not an RC but just some oddball card. Thanks again.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hattrickmicks's Items on eBay

I use these

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast