Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post The 10 top countries that like & dislike the United States

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

France slipped a few notches after that whole "Freedom Fries" thing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

France slipped a few notches after that whole "Freedom Fries" thing.

Can't stop laughing......HA

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Kenya at 80%? Oh, that's where Barrack's dad is from.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Kenya at 80%? Oh, that's where Barrack's dad is from.

We give them a lot in aide.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

I just don't know how IRAN isn't on this list.

I know why North Korea isn't on this list. Can't poll their general public.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I was confused as to why Turkey hates us so much, so I looked it up. Seems they don't like that the U.S. has presented Turkey as a moderate Islamic country that is a model and ideal version that the world desires...so now I am further confused. They don't like us because we think they are doing things right and we like them?

I am baffled by Greece too. A story I read said that as their economic woes have increased their dislike for America has increased as well. Why? How is it our fault that their government can't control spending (spending is 163% of GDP)? Using this logic, thanks to our country's increasing debt, I now hate Greece.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I was confused as to why Turkey hates us so much, so I looked it up. Seems they don't like that the U.S. has presented Turkey as a moderate Islamic country that is a model and ideal version that the world desires...so now I am further confused. They don't like us because we think they are doing things right and we like them?

I am baffled by Greece too. A story I read said that as their economic woes have increased their dislike for America has increased as well. Why? How is it our fault that their government can't control spending (spending is 163% of GDP)? Using this logic, thanks to our country's increasing debt, I now hate Greece.

I decided to do a little light reading myself, and it's interesting you mention those two countries. I came across this: http://jeffweintraub.blogspot.ca/201...-much.html?m=1

Which includes the following passage:
    Turks have always tended to believe the US unfairly sides with Greece regarding controversies between the two countries, just as Greeks have always tended to believe the opposite (There are grains of truth in both attitudes, though both are overdone).

So it would seem it is a no win situation for the US, who can't do anything right in the eyes of either nation's people. It's not for the ridiculously illogical reasons you presented though. It's almost as if them there ferners have thought processes not unlike Americans.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I decided to do a little light reading myself, and it's interesting you mention those two countries. I came across this: http://jeffweintraub.blogspot.ca/201...-much.html?m=1

Which includes the following passage:

So it would seem it is a no win situation for the US, who can't do anything right in the eyes of either nation's people. It's not for the ridiculously illogical reasons you presented though. It's almost as if them there ferners have thought processes not unlike Americans.

If I can re-find the article I read I will link it here. It quotes a professor in Turkey who is considered an authority on Turkish society. That is where the thing about the US idealizing the Turkish Muslim society came from. He said that Turkish Muslims don't like the US presenting Turkey as the desirable way for Muslims to behave. Seemed odd to me.

From what you linked, it seems odd that Greeks and Turks would dislike the US because of each other. I was unaware that Turks and Greeks disliked each other so much. Seems kind of kindergartenish...

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I can re-find the article I read I will link it here. It quotes a professor in Turkey who is considered an authority on Turkish society. That is where the thing about the US idealizing the Turkish Muslim society came from. He said that Turkish Muslims don't like the US presenting Turkey as the desirable way for Muslims to behave. Seemed odd to me.

Below is a link to the original paper by Omar Taspinar and the reasons for the dislike are slightly more complex and varied than what you may have read in the news article I assume you are referring to.

http://www.brookings.edu/views/artic...ar20051116.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast