Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Scott's Nationals Adventure

Members -

This week was my 2nd trip to the Nationals (2009 - Cleveland) and it was awesome.... though it did not start this way. It started out with getting a call from my wife telling me that her transmission/drive shaft fell AND SIRI routing me around Philadelphia to avoid an accident, in which I lost an hour to the drive and got to the Convention Center an HOUR before the start.

Becky's truck - if you are in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area and need a parts truck for a 2007 Pontiac Torrent (or knows someone that can use one) it's available for $900/BO.
    IMG_1287.JPG

However, I have an amazing woman that was able to handle this, allowing me to continue the journey.

I used this trip primarily to network, build/rebuild relationships that SCF has had in the past. I don't want to get into everything at this point but there will be one announcement (possibly 2) this week about partnerships that have been agreed upon verbally. A part of a conversation that I will share is one that I had was with Tracy Hackler of Panini. He has noticed some of the changes that has occurred on SCF since the beginning of the year, starting to be more present on Social Media, etc. This was a validation to the work that the SCF staff has been doing. However, there will be more changes and evolution to come.

In addition, @doniceage and I busted a number of boxes that we have received from Topps. Don and I will be doing the articles for these items during the week, but here are the videos for the time being, the articles will be published soon.

Topps Factory Set

Topps Tribute - HOF AUTO SPOILER!!

Stadium Club

Allen & Ginter - Big hit Alert!! (Video uploading as of 2:30pm - should be done around 2:40pm... need more speed!!!)

Couple of the cards will be used for Contests, others will be in the Card Cash store. @patriotsguy and I will have discuss this (especially the Factory set)

However, it was not all business. I did make time to complete 1 trade for stuff AND make 1 purchase. I also was able to sell $94 of stuff for the DBA Foundation (will be rounding this to $100 and donating this week).

The trade was with a fellow Sabre collector that I know from Facebook (I told him to join!!). I dealt him my Sam Reinhart Rookie Ultimate Shield 1/1 and in return I got the following:

15-16 Black Diamond Connor McDavid Jsy/Auto #/125
    12-13 The Cup Jonathan Toews Brillance Auto
    14-15 The Cup Renditions Aaron Ekblad/Sam Reinhart/Leon Draisatl Triple Auto
    and
    the bottom card

nationals.jpg

I am probably going to resubmit this to PSA to see if it can get to a 5/5.5 grading as the other 4 he had should have been lower (or this one higher).

Additionally, I purchased a Historic Auto mystery tin and got this

IMG_1282.JPG

Not sure what I will do this yet. This might become a prize for the 2017 Nationals in Chicago or raffle for DBA at the Nationals next year or I might just keep it. :)

I want to end with some acknowledgements; I can't get to everyone, I apologize if I don't get to you -

It was awesome to meet up with @MyStlSportscards, @scctradingcards, Atlanta Sportscards, Dave and Adams, Topps, Panini, Upper Deck, Onyx, Historic Autographs, Kronozio, COMC and R90 Sportscards

First, thanks to @LoQtus for dropping off a bunch of autograph tickets that could be used by other members. Very cool!

@mq13 for helping me get through Philly on the way home so I was not sitting in gridlock Friday night. See you in Toronto!

@PatsFanVT, @CardFarmer and @AlabamaSlamma for setting up with us this week.

got a chance to meet @qualum23 at the COMC booth as I was putting in some cards for the DBA Foundation port; had a great conversation with him. Finally met long time member @Rogulon on Friday as he was looking for Toronto Maple Leaf items (no one is perfect :) ). Met member @Zan and resolved an issue he had.

Lastly, many thanks goes to @doniceage for getting the booth setup and working with other members in

Next year in Chicago will are planning on additional space, more fun, more everything. Planning has already started for Chicago. Look for announcements throughout the next 50 weeks (it is earlier next year!)
    Last edited by scottkoz20; 08-07-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Scott,

Also a shoutout to @markshew as he was set up at the booth as well. Look forward to next year. Nice meeting all the other members that took time to drop by at the show.

Son

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Also a shoutout to @markshew as he was set up at the booth as well. Look forward to next year. Nice meeting all the other members that took time to drop by at the show.

I apologize for the miss Mark - forgive me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Boston Red Sox Denver Broncos
    Twitter: @FaZeBls0618

Nice job on the breaks Don & Scott. The Ripken auto is sick and the Spurrier is pretty nice too !

Are the non numbered & base cards going to be available for request like a regular box break would be ?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice job on the breaks Don & Scott. The Ripken auto is sick and the Spurrier is pretty nice too !

Are the non numbered & base cards going to be available for request like a regular box break would be ?

from the set - we might do something different with it. Otherwise it should. I know @patriotsguy has the contents at this point.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Boston Red Sox Denver Broncos
    Twitter: @FaZeBls0618

from the set - we might do something different with it. Otherwise it should. I know @patriotsguy has the contents at this point.

Cool, yeah I meant the other boxes besides the complete set.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New Jersey Devils
    See bcool022's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

got to meet Don today and Patsfan but I did not catch his name.. already talked to the wife about planning a trip to Chicago for next years and shes all for it.. although I'm gonna need to find something for her to do while I go to the show because I enjoyed being alone and not having anyone make me feel rushed or like they were bored..

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

might need to think about an SCF Spouses event

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

Too bad about your wife's truck Scott. Glad she was ok.

Pretty good box breaks Don & Scott. The Ripken & Spurrier autos are pretty sweet.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Too bad about your wife's truck Scott. Glad she was ok.

could have been much worse :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast