Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See robpbs's Items on eBay

Question about OPC Blank Backs

I received a box of 11/12 OPC and was wondering if these are inserted in packs or are they cut out box bottoms?

I know it sounds a stupid question

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joepbb's Items on eBay

Although the cut-outs from the box have blank backs, they are not the Blank Backs that collectors look for. The "real" blank backs are inserted into packs and are very hard to find (there is no stated print run for them, but it's probably less than 15 copies per card). Hope this helps!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Watch out though. Some people cut out the box bottoms and sell them as blank backs. The blank back will have the same picture as the retro parallel, the box bottom is different.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stank_skunk's Items on eBay

It's a lucky pull if you get one. You tend to have an advantage if you want to trade/sell it because there's not an exact stated print run, so player collectors (myself included) will normally jump on the first one they see because we don't know when we'll see another!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I didn't know about cut outs in the back of boxes. I have a Braden holtby blank back in my bucket can anyone tell me if it's a true blank back ? Id appreciate it thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See winterempire's Items on eBay

I didn't know about cut outs in the back of boxes. I have a Braden holtby blank back in my bucket can anyone tell me if it's a true blank back ? Id appreciate it thanks

Two ways to tell.

There were only a handful of players put on box bottoms (Sidney Crosby, Pavel Datsyuk, John Tavares, Tim Thomas, Alex Ovechkin, Phil Kessel, Henrik Lundqvist, Gabriel Landeskog, Steven Stamkos, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins,Claude Giroux,Carey Price,Jonathan Toews,Martin Brodeur, Evgeni Malkin, Eric Staal)

Secondly, they're like 25%(iirc) smaller than regular cards.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Two ways to tell.

There were only a handful of players put on box bottoms (Sidney Crosby, Pavel Datsyuk, John Tavares, Tim Thomas, Alex Ovechkin, Phil Kessel, Henrik Lundqvist, Gabriel Landeskog, Steven Stamkos, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins,Claude Giroux,Carey Price,Jonathan Toews,Martin Brodeur, Evgeni Malkin, Eric Staal)

Secondly, they're like 25%(iirc) smaller than regular cards.

One more: The blank back is a parallel and will look just like the retro. The box bottom is more of an "insert" set and will have the retro design with a different player picture.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alright sweet from the sounds of it it's a real blank back. Awesome thanks for the help.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Alright sweet from the sounds of it it's a real blank back. Awesome thanks for the help.

Yeah, FlyingBison's list is bang on for the 12-13s so it would have to be since no box bottom was made.