Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Carolina Panthers New Orleans Saints

EBAY for Dumbies?? Anyone want to help me?

Ok, so I want to start posting on Ebay, would like to make a friend here, someone who has the time to help teach someone. Don't have to make friends if u don't want, and just want to help. Either or, I just need some "Ebaying for Dumbies" here. Could also send a PWE Thank U *CARD* for ur time as well. Mods, If I'm posting this in the wrong section, so sorry, please move and PM me the correct section. Thanks!

Hope everyone has a nice day!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Hey, is the problem you are having on eBay. I am sure if I can't answer your question other member will be able to.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well no probs yet, just want to ask ?s before I start so I dont screw up to much or look dumb....er than I am...lol! For one, whats the basic differences btw to two sale's types??

And which one do I use if: I dont want to give a card up for just any price, it has to meet this mark or no sale, and any ebay charge for that?

I know how to post the first pic, Second one? Just need alittle info there to go on, should b able to get it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

For the first question you can set your auction to the exact price you want and see if anyone places a bid. I would recommend having an auction with buy it now or best offer. This will allow eBay members to send there best price for you to review.

Second question if you can post the first pic you should be able to put as many pics that are allowed on eBay. Just follow the same process that you used for the first one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank u very much. Will work that, and probably b back with some more....lol, TY Again!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Once you get the hang of selling on eBay it gets pretty easy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im trying fixed price, but how do i add to that the or best offer?

SCF Rewards
    Country

SO if I aution for starting bid 20$s, buy it now for $100, if someone bids 25, and now one else, I have no choice, it's sold for 25?

If fixed price $100, how can I do OBO?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just found best offers, had to load the 'Advanced Seller's Settings"

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country
    Washington Nationals Washington Capitals Washington Redskins
    See captkirk42's Items on eBay

SO if I aution for starting bid 20$s, buy it now for $100, if someone bids 25, and now one else, I have no choice, it's sold for 25?

If fixed price $100, how can I do OBO?

Answer to first part yes. If starting bid is $25 with a BIN of $100 if someone bids $25 and nobody else does before the end of the auction then yes that card will sell for $25.

Make sure when you use starting bids instead of the fixed price (buy it now) that the starting bid of $20 is the absolute lowest you are willing to sell that card for.

Think of things this way. Normal Ebay listings are "auctions" that have an opening bid and have a fixed number of days the auction is running usually 7 days. You list a card with an opening bid of $25, someone makes a bid on it, they are the only person who bids then on the 7th the auction ends and that first bidder wins your card for $25.

Now the "Buy It Now" option is for buyers who want to have the card right away and not wait for the auction to end. So you have a card with an opening bid of $25 with a BIN of $100. If first buyer just "bids" on the auction it starts at $25 (this should shut off the BIN price) and if nobody else bids the first buyer wins it for $25. If that first buyer uses the "Buy It Now" at the $100 then the auction is automatically ended at the BIN price and they the buyer are prompted to send you payment.

The second part about Or Best Offer is usually done when you are setting up the auction. If you already have the card posted then you can "revise" your listing. Then down on the revising page where the pricing info is make sure you check the "best offer" box, then confirm you changes and etc...