Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non alcoholic beers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Non alcoholic beers

I got a quick question. This is mainly directed at people who are really into their faith but anyone with an opinion may answer. I know that both the bible and the koran frown upon alcohol consumption. What about non alcoholic beers like miller sharps and odhouls? Would they be considered kosher?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

The Bible does not frown on alcohol consumption. It frowns on drunkenness and alcohol abuse.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Bible does not frown on alcohol consumption. It frowns on drunkenness and alcohol abuse.

Here's a quote from the bible regarding strong drinks as well as the koran prohibits intoxicants. (BTW I know that you are not muslim I just wanted to put that as a fyi to the fourm)

Proverbs 20:1 (KJV):
    Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

You who believe, liquor and gambling, idols and raffles, are only the filthy work of Satan; turn aside from it so that you may prosper.

al-Ma`idah 5:90

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

Here's a quote from the bible regarding strong drinks as well as the koran prohibits intoxicants. (BTW I know that you are not muslim I just wanted to put that as a fyi to the fourm)

Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

You who believe, liquor and gambling, idols and raffles, are only the filthy work of Satan; turn aside from it so that you may prosper.

al-Ma`idah 5:90

That does not mean don't drink alcohol. It means that, knowing what its over-consumption can lead to, alcohol is not to be taken lightly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

that statement does not say god is against anything, rather it is pointing out common sense.

drink a little, you will talk some crap, drink alot and it will be worse, and if you (the drinker) does not know this or if the person hearing the drunken talk does not know this, then you're dumb!

this is common sense as well, you will have a hard time functioning, much less being a productive member of society, if you allow drugs, alcohol, or gambling consume you.

Muslims and Christians both drink, just like anyone else. not all people drink, niether do all christians or muslims.

Jesus turned water into wine, so i am thinking he is ok with wine drinking.

SCF Rewards
    Country

that statement does not say god is against anything, rather it is pointing out common sense.

drink a little, you will talk some crap, drink alot and it will be worse, and if you (the drinker) does not know this or if the person hearing the drunken talk does not know this, then you're dumb!

this is common sense as well, you will have a hard time functioning, much less being a productive member of society, if you allow drugs, alcohol, or gambling consume you.

Muslims and Christians both drink, just like anyone else. not all people drink, niether do all christians or muslims.

Jesus turned water into wine, so i am thinking he is ok with wine drinking.

You are on point with everything except for the last part which I have to disagree with you. I am familiar with the story of jesus turning water into "wine" but how I was taught by my bishop that the wine that the bible was referring to would be the equivilant to today's grape soda or juice.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

You are on point with everything except for the last part which I have to disagree with you. I am familiar with the story of jesus turning water into "wine" but how I was taught by my bishop that the wine that the bible was referring to would be the equivilant to today's grape soda or juice.

Our pastor covered this story last week actually, and he said that it was likely alcoholic, although the wine consumed back then was much more watered down that it is today.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Our pastor covered this story last week actually, and he said that it was likely alcoholic, although the wine consumed back then was much more watered down that it is today.

So do you think it would be the equivilent to adhouls which technically may contain a trace amount of alcohol even though it is legally non alcholoic?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

So do you think it would be the equivilent to adhouls which technically may contain a trace amount of alcohol even though it is legally non alcholoic?

My understanding is that it had more than trace amounts, although I don't think the ABV is really all that important. The effects of the alcohol on the mind is what matters.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

no, it was full on wine!
    there was crappy wine and good wine back then, just like today. often the good wine was served until the guests were drunk, then the crap was brought out, because no one would notice.

this is obvious, if the passage is read.

i am unsure why some one would say different, there is no need to protect Jesus' reputation, he is Jesus after all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast