Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question about 2011 Ultimate Collection Legends autos

This set is obviously inspired by the 1997 UD Legends football auto set, which I've been working on for about a year. I still have a long way to go on the football (it's 160+ cards), but I'm thinking about starting on the hockey one as a side project.

What I'm wondering is how much I should expect to pay for the real SP superstars like Gretzky, Beliveau or Roy. I've had to shell out in the $200 range for guys like Tony Dorsett and Larry Csonka, and almost $1K for Joe Montana while Payton is eventually going to cost me at least $2,500. I'm just wondering how hard the hit is going to be when it comes to chasing the hockey set.

SCF Rewards
    Country

if we compare with the masterpieces brushstrokes, if all the cards are produced and findable.. you will have to pay 500-1000 for roy, gretzky, lemieux etc... im working on it for few years now and still missing 9, and there 5 i never saw...

SCF Rewards
    Country

if we compare with the masterpieces brushstrokes, if all the cards are produced and findable.. you will have to pay 500-1000 for roy, gretzky, lemieux etc... im working on it for few years now and still missing 9, and there 5 i never saw...

Okay, I'll keep an eye on Ebay to see what comes up and how much they end up going for. I'll probably start picking off some of the cheaper ones, but I won't chase Gretzky or the other high-enders until I've got this football set finished. Will probably be 2016 by the time I'm done...lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

the thing is, probably again, there a few auto on the checklist...never produced..

SCF Rewards
    Country

the thing is, probably again, there a few auto on the checklist...never produced..

Yeah, I wonder if anyone cam chime in on that or if anyone has completed the set. I know the football set had the same thing, with at least a few not produced. The most interesting one there was Mike Webster, who apparently never sent them back to Upper Deck but instead just gave some out to friends and family...some have trickled back out, but they're tough to find.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another question on this one - I see a Brett Hull on Ebay at $399 OBO.

Any idea if this is super-SPed? Seems high to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Overall, cards are inserted 1:15 packs.
    Group A - 1:82 packs

AL-1 Bobby Hull, Chicago Blackhawks
    AL-2 Stan Mikita, Chicago Blackhawks
    AL-3 Tony Esposito, Chicago Blackhawks
    AL-12 Mark Messier, Edmonton Oilers
    AL-13 Paul Coffey, Edmonton Oilers
    AL-14 Wayne Gretzky, Edmonton Oilers
    AL-15 Guy Lafleur, Montreal Canadiens
    AL-16 Jean Beliveau, Montreal Canadiens
    AL-18 Patrick Roy, Montreal Canadiens
    AL-22 Eric Lindros, Philadelphia Flyers
    AL-28 Brett Hull, St. Louis Blues
    AL-29 Doug Gilmour, Toronto Maple Leafs

Group B - 1:69 packs

AL-6 Ted Lindsay, Detroit Red Wings
    AL-8 Glenn Anderson, Edmonton Oilers
    AL-9 Grant Fuhr, Edmonton Oilers
    AL-17 Larry Robinson, Montreal Canadiens
    AL-20 Bobby Clarke, Philadelphia Flyers
    AL-23 Ron Hextall, Philadelphia Flyers
    AL-30 Wendel Clark, Toronto Maple Leafs

Group C - 1:22 packs

AL-4 Alex Delvecchio, Detroit Red Wings
    AL-5 Red Kelly, Detroit Red Wings
    AL-7 Bill Ranford, Edmonton Oilers
    AL-10 Jari Kurri, Edmonton Oilers
    AL-11 Marty McSorley, Edmonton Oilers
    AL-19 Bill Barber, Philadelphia Flyers
    AL-21 Dave Schultz, Philadelphia Flyers
    AL-24 Reggie Leach, Philadelphia Flyers
    AL-25 Rick MacLeish, Philadelphia Flyers
    AL-26 Tim Kerr, Philadelphia Flyers
    AL-27 Adam Oates, St. Louis Blues

Craig thats the SP level list. I was contemplating doing this set when it came out but other things came up. The group C's can be had for 25$ and under some times very cheap like under 10$ .Some of the group B's can go for cheap as well the most expensive being Clark, Clarke and Robinson but still only 30-40$ sometimes for less. With group A you are looking at 50$ and up for each, with Lindros, Brett Hull, Roy and Gretzky being the most expensive. The Gretzky is going to be a 275-400$ card not the 500-1000 as compared to the brushstrokes which is a more sought after and coveted set. As for the Hull thats up for 399 BIN/BO I'd say he is fishing given the fact the set has been out for a while and isn't busted much now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mike - thanks for the help, and for posting the breakdown. I think I'll see what I can find from the B/C groups for now, and I'll probably wait on most of those Group A ones unless a great deal comes along.

I just thought it would make a cool accompaniment along with the football one, and there's also a basketball one that I might worry about down the road...it took me 15 years to even start the football set, so it's not like I'm in a rush!