Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Best non 5 sport, sport to mail to?

I know that football, baseball, basketball, hockey and racing are where most TTM folks drop their requests off to. The question here is what other sports have you had good success with? It can be with the stars actually signing or just you feeling that there is a good return percentage for that sport. I did some golf a few years ago and was happy with that, but I only sent like 10 requests out. I did get some really nice names back though! Tennis has a good number of big names that I might try, but never did much with it. I did Olympic gymnasts and was shocked at how well I did on that project. Mary Lou, Nadia, Shannon Miller and Shawn Johnson were just a few of the super stars that signed TTM for me. Olympians as a whole have been really great for me. UFC has cards out and I love that sport, but have yet to try it TTM. I may have to pick some of those up for a TTM mailing. Boxing seems to be a sport that has lost steam more and more after Tyson left, but there are some huge names for living boxers that might be worth a shot. Has anyone here tried a larger boxer mailing? I know there are plenty of sports left before hitting the X Games type stuff, but that is growing popularity as well. Would you share a little of how you might have done with the non 5 sport mailings you have done? Is there a sport you are thinking of doing TTM?
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

It took two requests to Jordyn but I got hers. Still waiting on Aly--had sent to her gym without a photo and sent a photo via DWTS back in March. I haven't tried the rest of the Fierce Five outside of purchasing from Gabby's site back when they had the store online.

I sent to Natalie Coughlin and Missy Franklin. Only Missy responded after what seemed like half a year.

I have sent to a few golfers via email with success.

BANNED

Country

European Foootball (Soccer): I have received Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi a couple years ago. Even though those two are now mega stars and no longer sign through the mail, there is still a lot of global stars that sign via team address or home address.

Tennis: I have received Roger Federer, Andy Murray, and Rafael Nadal, just hoping to get Novak to complete the big four.

Golf: I know Zach Johnson send out signed hats. I received a email confirmation from Rory Mcilory saying that he will be sending sometime out to me within the next 2 weeks.

I would only do Olympians if I can get Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, and Lin Dan. I am currently waiting for the opportunity to mail to Phelps after doing some research.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure Phelps signs TTM.

BANNED

Country

I'm not sure Phelps signs TTM.

He did in 2010 via Baltimore Swimming Club.
    Almost all sign if you can find their home address i.e Steve Nash.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I had seen some Phelps returns c/o his mothers address in Baltimore. I like the idea of doing some swimmers as I have only did a very few of those. Maybe I can find some swim caps or something to drop in the mail. Very cool to see the male tennis players who sign TTM. I had gotten Sharapova and Kournikova TTM in the past, but never tried the guys side. No one has responded about the UFC or boxers? Should I assume then that they are not the best at TTM?

BANNED

Country

I had seen some Phelps returns c/o his mothers address in Baltimore. I like the idea of doing some swimmers as I have only did a very few of those. Maybe I can find some swim caps or something to drop in the mail. Very cool to see the male tennis players who sign TTM. I had gotten Sharapova and Kournikova TTM in the past, but never tried the guys side. No one has responded about the UFC or boxers? Should I assume then that they are not the best at TTM?

I know that a lot of UFC guys sign TTMs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

danica patrick is automatic

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

danica patrick is automatic

I would say that racers are possibly the best group to sign via TTM. I sent maybe like 15 years back to 35 racers c/o track at the Brickyard. Mailed out on Monday prior to the race and ended up getting like 30 envelopes back with autographs. Dale Sr and Gordon were the biggest names I had gotten back from that project. I would definately say that mailing c/o venue worked great for NASCAR! I has seen where some guys did the same for golfers at the Masters. I might have to try that next year. I loved some of the big names that signed from that event TTM!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gowarrior's Items on eBay

I've had success with some older boxers but haven't really focused on any current fighters. I've gotten successes in the past year or so from George Foreman (champ), Gene Fullmer (champ, 82 years old), Bob Foster (champ, 75 years old), Chuck Wepner (74 years old), and Carmen Basilio (champ, died last spring).

Mickey Ward (champ) who the movie The Fighter was based on is a fantastic ttm signer but I' got him IP so never had to send anything.

I sent to Jake LaMotta but never got anything back. From my research it looks like he used to sign ttm until maybe five years ago or so. Have gotten him IP a number of times though.

Also, I got an authentic return from Muhammad Ali when I was younger and first started collecting ttm. It was around 2000 or 2001. Obviously Ali doesn't sign ttm anymore.
    Last edited by GoWarrior; 05-16-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast