Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bettis36bettis's Items on eBay

Paintpen/sharpie/marker help

hey guys,
    I am going to get this bat signed by Andrew McCutchen and was wondering what silver Paint pen to use. A lot of people swear that Decocolor are the best brand to use. What point would I want to use on a bat like this.
    Heres a link to what I am talking about:
    bat: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    Decocolors:http://www.artsupply.com/sls/deco_co...nt_markers.htm

Also for future reference, what tip (fine, med, extra fine) would I want for minihelmets.

Also, I see some people use these Deco markers in blue for 8x10s and they look sharp, but most people use sharpies. what are your opinions about photos with these.

Finally, If I can't find this brand, what other brands have you used successfully.

Thanks so much,
    Andy

SCF Rewards
    Country

another question: Do I have to prep the marker in any way, like shake it, blot it, use it a little bit before handing it to him?

Country
    See mstng99tim's Items on eBay

Below is a pic of what my Cutch bat looks like signed with a brand new silver sharpie. If you go with a paint pen, then yes, you have to prep it before hand by shaking it to mix the paint thoroughly and then pressing in the tip and allowing the paint to saturate the tip.

For 8x10's I use regular sharpies, I use black, red, and blue depending on what looks the best for the photo I'm getting signed. Blue tends to make the auto "pop" out more and look nicer. Below is a 8x10 of Bettis I had signed on black Friday. The blue sharpie looks really nice.

Are you going to Piratefest or the Winter caravan?

Last edited by mstng99tim; 01-16-2010 at 01:08 AM.

Country

And if you buy the decocolor pens, buy the broad tip one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the reply.

yeah Im going to piratefest on the 29 because maz and mccutchen will both be there. i hate giving this team any money, but it will be worth it.

Thanks for the info, i wasnt sure which point of pen I wanted but I will pick up a broadpoint.

Country

No problem man. I think I'm going to get McCutchen this Monday and then I'll get Maz on the 30th.