Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

Diion Phaneuf, Fredrik Sjostrom, and Keith Ali are going to the Leafs for Niclas Hagman, IKan White, Matt Stajan, and Jamal Mayers. Giguere is expected to be a Leaf very soon. Vesa Toskala and one other player will be going to Anaheim. There may even be another trade after that today.

WOW - So Calgary is really trying to stay in the playoff race.....and Toronto is trying to find consistancy and toughness on D......

Who wins on this trade????

I dont think Giguere is that much of an improvement - He has lost a few steps in the last couple years - I bet Toskala does VERY well in the back-up role in Anaheim......buit I dont think anaheim will get much more maybe a prospect or draft pick in return.......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See innsex's Items on eBay

Toronto wins both trades HANDS DOWN IMO

Country

i think anaheim wins the goalie trade as we gain 7 million in cap space and will let vesa walk at seasons end. but toronto got a cup winning goalie, so player wise toronto wins, i got to ask what on earth was calgary thinking on that one??? thats a god awful trade imo for the flames, how many years dos dion have on his contract???

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think anaheim wins the goalie trade as we gain 7 million in cap space and will let vesa walk at seasons end. but toronto got a cup winning goalie, so player wise toronto wins, i got to ask what on earth was calgary thinking on that one??? thats a god awful trade imo for the flames, how many years dos dion have on his contract???

Phaneuf is 6.5mil/yr until 2013-14.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See steen101984's Items on eBay

Toronto wins both trades HANDS DOWN IMO

Amen Daryl

Country

thanks mr ozzie, id rather pay him 6.5 then hagman and blake.

Country

Blake is way overpaid I don't mind losing him at all. Mayers and Stajan don't bother me either. White and Hagman will be missed but we get haneuf and Giguere so all is good. Hopefully the Leafs add a forward before the deadline.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Could Phaneuf be that captain I was talking about earlier? I can see this happening. Maybe not right away but by the start of next season. Does anyone else think he could hold down that job?
    Collecting:Leafs Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Conacher, Horner, Broda, Bower, Clark, Gilmour and others.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Could Phaneuf be that captain I was talking about earlier? I can see this happening. Maybe not right away but by the start of next season. Does anyone else think he could hold down that job?

I can see it happening, but he needs to prove it first. On top of that he does need a lot of maturing. His style of play does bode well to Leaf fans, so it's probably only a matter to time before the organization is pressured into stitching that C on his jersey.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If Burke can pull a horseshoe out of his bum and get Phaneuf by unloading a bunch of stiffs, could he possibly do the same and unload Finger?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast