Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

No, I do not want your game used pants

With a plethora of jersey cards readily available continuing to drive prices down, Card companies have tried to extend interest by introducing new memorabilia cards that distinguish themselves from the traditional “hit”. The answer for the time being has been the patch cards featuring multiple colors. They are rarer than one color Jersey cards and are just more pleasant to look at. Through this evolution of the memorabilia “hit”, companies have also introduced cards featuring a players, pants, shoe, glove, and even helmet.

I would love to have been in that creative committee session where it was decided that it would be a good idea to stick a piece of someone’s pants on a card. I suppose a company could convince themselves that this would be a good idea. The rational would be something like this: pants are cheaper than jersey’s so that will help the bottom line. Having game worn Pants cards is fresh, new and exciting and will keep collectors interested. Then we can do shoes, and gloves, and helmets.

For the record I have no desire to have a card that contains a piece of material that once caressed the inner thigh of a dirty sweaty man. My guess is that most collectors feel the same way. I have similar feelings regarding a shoe and a glove. When memorabilia cards go this far, it borderlines on the bizarre and becomes a bit to personal for my tastes. Hopefully we will never see the day when we will be pulling a Clinton Portis game used jock strap….two colors.

I understand a card company brain storming and trying to be creative. However nothing is better in my opinion than a game worn multi colored patch. Not only is it representative of the player being featured, but it is even more representative of the team they play for and the NFL as a whole, the game we love. I would like to see cards featuring more helmet pieces aside from the blasé’ facemask piece. However I understand the helmet material is hard to work with and the expense involved perhaps is not cost effective at this moment in time, hence we see helmet cards few and far between. This is a good thing. For individual player collectors there may be one or two cards featuring a helmet piece to collect keeping helmet cards, for now, at somewhat of a commodity.
    http://www.examiner.com/x-31124-DC-F...ame-used-pants

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country

Very good! Was bidding in an auction and there was a 2007 e-topps card with a stand of hair from Ted Williams. The bidder paid like $50+ for the card. I thought that was really creepy!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

How about the Danica Patrick Bikinni pieces ,Kinda uniqe !!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @mdclapps

How about the Danica Patrick Bikinni pieces ,Kinda uniqe !!

Well thats different....she's not a sweaty man....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wellfoundgem's Items on eBay

"drop the gloves" a subset with gloves of fighters and enforcers in the league... i think this has happened... i think thats a great idea, and very cool IMO

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS

SCF Rewards
    Country

nice article, pants would be a weird hit! did u ever get my $$$ for the dunn gu?

Blog Entries
    Country

I think this article was misguided baseball game used pants have been used forever. Since at least 2000. The first GU card i pulled was Bob gibson GU pants. Old news. I think Game used gloves are awsome, weather it be UFC, NFL or MLB. Before I sold my 3000 card Roy oswalt collection in 2008 one of my favorite cards was a game used glove card #/40. It was the only GU glove card I had in that collection.

The only game used card I ever pulled that I found gross was the Female body builder bakini Allen and ginter I pulled. It just wasnt for me.

The only kinda memorablilia cards I would find gross besides odditys like that....game used SOCKS, and Jock straps, besides that.....whatever I dont really care. Unless its a super patch or a jersey card of someone superhistorical. It dont matter where the swatch is from, its a $1 card.