Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dxco00's Items on eBay

"beckett raw card review"

what does a "beckett raw card review" mean? Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (12)
    Country
    See pata26's Items on eBay

When Beckett evaluates a card in person at shows or events. They put a sticker on the card holder instead of putting it in a case like when they grade the cards ''for real''...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dxco00's Items on eBay

so it is not an "accurate" rating?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It is, but without the added benefit of them having extra time to slab it and make the little plate with the subgraded.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Box_Break_Junkie's Items on eBay

So i recently bought a Bowman sterling Kevin Durant and it was beckett raw card review.. This is what the auction says.. Does this mean i can send it in for free and they will complete the grading?
    2007-08 Bowman Sterling Kevin Durant rookie card #Kd graded a Bgs 9.5 gem mint raw review you just send this card to beckett and they will slab it a great rare card

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry i know this is the hockey card section but i searched for the beckett raw card review!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It is, but without the added benefit of them having extra time to slab it and make the little plate with the subgraded.

Rich,
    I do not think this statement is correct. As a raw card review is that. You could then take the card back and it might not get the grade they stated before. As it a raw review a very quick glance over not a thorough evaluation of the card.

I believe folks on here and other sites done raw review then later did the real grading and have gotten lower grades. Might want someone else to verify this as I only done the raw review once before and that was to get a review on what I thought was a Fake Gretzky rookie. As it only cost 10 bucks and it came back fake which is what I wanted to know. Hence better than submitting it for the $30 grading service which I would have been the same thing.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country
    See bidds55's Items on eBay

I believe the idea behind the raw card review is that if you send it in for the rest of the process, in the sealed sleeve, it SHOULD come back at the grade stated, however that is not guaranteed.
    Based on experiences others in the hobby have had, and shared, I would never buy or trade for a Beckett Raw Card Reviewed card. The Sleeves are too easy to tamper with.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome thanks for the feedback everyone. I am gonna contact the seller and see what he says about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jennyandpaula's Items on eBay

I just bought a card that has a Beckett raw card review. Is it easy to remove it from the case or whatever it is in? Any tips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast