Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 62 of 113 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome deals, especially the Palmeiro...I really like that Feller, too!

Yeah, pretty good prices I think. I love that Feller pic too, never got an 8x10 to him before his passing.

How was your experience with Canton & Cooper? Been looking around their website and thinking of making a purchase.

Pretty good, they forgot my Enos Slaughter photo in my order (that pic is from their site) but they're sending it and making it right. It's a great site, I'd recommend.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One yesterday.. Josh Tomlin, 1/1. Signed beautifully.

I don't have a lot of experience with glossy cards.. The autos always look sorta weak or that the ink is on top of the eraser smear.. Am I not giving it a good enough rub down or is that how they usually look? Doesn't look very durable.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome Tomlin! Guess I'm going to be piggy-backing your success on him since I need him for my Indians collection. Oddly enough, I pulled his Cleveland card from a pack but they didn't include him in the team set...

I've found this year that Topps cards haven't really needed treated. I've gotten a number (Andrew Bailey, Koji Uehera, Chris Perez, Chone Figgins, Peter Bourjos, Matt LaPorta) and they've all looked great. I rubbed down the first two, and they look worse than the ones I didn't.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome Tomlin! Guess I'm going to be piggy-backing your success on him since I need him for my Indians collection. Oddly enough, I pulled his Cleveland card from a pack but they didn't include him in the team set...

I've found this year that Topps cards haven't really needed treated. I've gotten a number (Andrew Bailey, Koji Uehera, Chris Perez, Chone Figgins, Peter Bourjos, Matt LaPorta) and they've all looked great. I rubbed down the first two, and they look worse than the ones I didn't.

Thanks! He seems to be automatic right now, hope ya see yours soon. Think this was out a week. That's weird, as these seem like they're about as glossy as they'll come. Thanks for the tip, I'll leave it untreated next time I send out a '11 Topps.

Three today. Sending out so much on Monday.. Probably a 20+ batch.

I've decided to send to all the living Cubs I can (starting in the 40's and working my way up) like djauwerda is doing. So this is technically the first once since starting at the beginning.

Johnny Schmitz, 2 time All-Star for the Cubs in the 40's. Signed 1/1.

Jimmy Key, 1/1. He has such a cool looking sig, pretty good pitcher in his day too. Too bad the eraser caused it to be so weak looking. I don't know what I'm doing wrong there. :(

Billy Barnes, 2/2. 3x Pro Bowler for the Eagles in the late 50's/60's. Other one is for my brother. Not sure why he did one in pen and one in Sharpie. I don't have a preference so it doesn't matter.. Just kind odd.

And I'll share a couple more HOF/future HOF pickups.

Deion Sanders. $20

Jack Ham. $14. Shame he won't do ANY TTM anymore. People have even sent him $25 and he won't. Dude's crazy if you ask me!

Larry Wilson. $11. Will become a cut for sure. Tristar had him sign a bunch of card sized stickers and they slap this on and call it a cut lol. Oh Tristar..

Steve Wisniewski. $8

Warren Sapp. $11. I absolutely hate college cards, but for this price and how rare his certifieds are (other than this and one other college set) beggars can't be choosers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some awesome certifieds there! I'd take that Warren Sapp for $11 any day, especially on-card...

For your glossy cards, maybe try baby powder instead. I personally don't like it, but some people swear by it. That, or perhaps a different eraser or a a better rubdown. I'll be dropping Tomlin in the mail this week!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some awesome certifieds there! I'd take that Warren Sapp for $11 any day, especially on-card...

For your glossy cards, maybe try baby powder instead. I personally don't like it, but some people swear by it. That, or perhaps a different eraser or a a better rubdown. I'll be dropping Tomlin in the mail this week!

Thanks dude.

I think I"ll give that a try. I used it once and I ended up using eraser because I didn't think a signature would hold up sitting on baby powder dust. Weird because I'm using the same eraser most people use to rub down cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks dude.

I think I"ll give that a try. I used it once and I ended up using eraser because I didn't think a signature would hold up sitting on baby powder dust. Weird because I'm using the same eraser most people use to rub down cards.

I just have a plain white eraser that came free with a pack of pencils...never had an inssue with it. It's all I've ever used, because I can't seem to get baby powder to work how I'd like.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can I ask where you had the Blaine Gabbert success?! We have a lot of the same successes from football! I also have 3 successes from Andre Reed! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just have a plain white eraser that came free with a pack of pencils...never had an inssue with it. It's all I've ever used, because I can't seem to get baby powder to work how I'd like.

The baby powder is super sketchy. It leaves a nice tack for the auto but it can easily be scratched off. I'll just have to mess around with the eraser some more. Some cards are almost impossible to get a good sig on.

Can I ask where you had the Blaine Gabbert success?! We have a lot of the same successes from football! I also have 3 successes from Andre Reed! :)

It was a home address in MO, which I'm assuming is no longer valid. He's probably in Florida right now, and I only seen one or two successes after mine. Ha, yeah. I hate sending to a player that many times, but my card came back bent the first time and after the second time I wanted signed 8x10.

Feels good to get one back the same day you drop $30 in postage for TTMs LOL.

Trent Green, 1/1. Turned out nicely.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice Green! Seems like he just hit all his fan mail...

As for the Gabbert address, definitely not valid anymore. I sent twice (one card, on index) and received nothing back. Dangit...

Page 62 of 113 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112 ... LastLast