Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See paper-history's Items on eBay

Ichiro 50th Anniv. All- Rookie Team Trophy

I cashed in my reward points through Topps (eTopps) and snagged this sweet item. All the information that was on the eTopps site was Ichiro 2008 Rookie Trophy, I had no clue what it was and thought to give it a try. Well UPS came today and this bad boy was delivered.

Now all the information I have on this sweet item is that in 2008 Topps Series 1 packs there were some instant win cards put in packs for the chance to win one of these Trophys from the Topps 50th Anniversary All-Rookie Team. And thats all the information I know of. So I called Topps to get more information and all they could tell me was it was from a past promotion and a very small handful were made (he couldn't give me an exact number but he did say less than 5 were made of a select few from the 50th list) and that's all he knows since there is not a promotion archives to check through. I do know of only 3 players that have a trophy made (Ichiro, Jeter, and Pujols).

The trophy itself weighs about 3 pounds, has a hardwood base with a gold/black metal nameplate. The bowl itself is made out of polished stainless steel with the words "Topps 50th Anniversary All-Rookie Team" engraved in the metal. It is about 9 in tall by 12 in wide. Like a full size trophy.

If anybody has more information on this item I would glady appreciate it. Thanks for your time and long read.

*Sorry for the big scan*

Dale
    Last edited by Djarum; 03-22-2010 at 03:28 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See paper-history's Items on eBay

Also if anybody is interested in it post here or send me a PM.

Dale