Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 3x5 index card HELP!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

3x5 index card HELP!

I was looking through another thread where Rockiesfan33 actually made custom cut cards from a few of his index cards.I just wanted to know what other members here are doing with their index card autographs? I have hundreds of these myself and they never do anything but sit in a box. I do like to read the ones that have answers to questions that I have asked from time to time, but the ones with just a signature on the blank side I never even look at. Anyone have a good idea for dispay or something creative that they do with theirs? It is not like I do not have some nice sigs on index cards, but what do you do with yours?
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

great question! hopefully someone that has some gumption knows what to do with all those!!!

Maybe we can make them TTM used cards and sell tem on ebay???

Pete

SCF Rewards
    Country

I bought a matte cutter and would put a big team photo or team Logo in the center of a poster size matte board. Then I would put the index cards all around that in a uniform way. It's actually pretty easy to matte yourself with the tool. Unfortunately my house was destroyed in a fire about 5 years back so I can't post pictures. I am hoping to make one in the next week or so, if I do I'll post pics.

Another much easier idea is the large poster size frames from target, WalMart, etc. that come with a matte style sheet of different size cutouts; it's perfect to place index cards in.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I bought a matte cutter and would put a big team photo or team Logo in the center of a poster size matte board. Then I would put the index cards all around that in a uniform way. It's actually pretty easy to matte yourself with the tool. Unfortunately my house was destroyed in a fire about 5 years back so I can't post pictures. I am hoping to make one in the next week or so, if I do I'll post pics.

Another much easier idea is the large poster size frames from target, WalMart, etc. that come with a matte style sheet of different size cutouts; it's perfect to place index cards in.

This is the route I plan on taking with my index cards. Though I've gotten sidetracked with HOF Postcards and ebay my index card goal is to get a nice pic of the HOF and make a framed piece with my HOF index cards underneath the picture.

As for individual cards I plan on making framed pieces with a classy(preferably black and white) 8x10. Lee MacPhail, Bobby Thomson, and Bobby Doerr are guys I have in mind with this. Maybe Joe Morgan since I only have one of them and it's personalized.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I lie to display my envelopes with the post mark on it with some of my autos especially ones that I got either during a significant season such as a super bowl or something...it adds a little bit of flavor to some of the plain autos I have.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

I lie to display my envelopes with the post mark on it with some of my autos especially ones that I got either during a significant season such as a super bowl or something...it adds a little bit of flavor to some of the plain autos I have.

Glad to hear someone else does this. I thought I was the only one that kept all the "post marked" envelopes from my TTM's. I figured that keeping the envelopes was a good way to legitimize my graphs since they have the state/town & date...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Heres an example of what i do http://www.gabriels-autographs.fotopic.net/p63846163.html
    (^ misread the question, I thought you meant how he customize them)
    Anyways I put these all in a separate binder.
    Last edited by Polishgooner; 03-22-2010 at 05:04 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Glad to hear someone else does this. I thought I was the only one that kept all the "post marked" envelopes from my TTM's. I figured that keeping the envelopes was a good way to legitimize my graphs since they have the state/town & date...

I cut off the front of my envelopes and on the back write down the name and dates of my successes so I have something to point to as to how I obtained this or that.

I never thought to use them in a display piece though...I like that idea.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I cut off the front of my envelopes and on the back write down the name and dates of my successes so I have something to point to as to how I obtained this or that.

I never thought to use them in a display piece though...I like that idea.

Yeah my dad is a mailman and I got the idea from these special edition prints that the PO sells with postmarks from the city a special event or moment happens in.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for some really creative thoughts and for sharing all that information with us. I like the idea of possibly doing the matted photo thing and maybe finding a theme. The only index card that is actually on my wall is from Kathy Ireland and that is framed with a photo of the two of us at an event in Vegas a few years ago. They sit side by side in the matte I had framed. It looks OK, but I really did want some new ideas of what to do with these.