Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question What autographs are forged most often

want to know what autographs to watch out for on ebay
    are there any that are autographs that are forged often?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ummm all of them?

I only by things on ebay that I have done research on, have some sort of reputable paperwork(psa/dna, gai, jsa), are well known promo sets(Canadian Club, '93 Nabisco, '94 Nabisco, MLBPAA Legends Autograph Collection), or legit Upper Deck, Topps, Fleer, etc. auto inserts(preferably on the card and have the "congrats message" on the back).

There are plenty of possibilities to get good solid autos on ebay but know the sig you are looking at and make sure it comes with good paperwork. It's next to crazy to buy something some guy claims he got IP 12 years ago or has a sticker auto on since those can be easy to fake and boost up the value of an average base card with a sticker forgery.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See csduncan69's Items on eBay

I'm gonna say Harrison Ford. His auto can vary quite a bit and his authentic autos sell for a lot. Forgeries of his auto must be abundant on ebay. I really want his autograph as he has been my favorite actor since I was a kid, but taking a chance on something on ebay for him is too big of a risk for me. Not to mention shelling out like $300 plus for an 'authenticated' auto is not in my budget.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy2053's Items on eBay

Tiger Woods

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks guys

SCF Rewards
    Country

Brett Favre lately has been the most ridiculously faked one on eBay. Almost makes me sick seeing the photos with Peterson and Favre high fiving each other and it's both "signed" by them going for $200 with a couple days left on the auction. Bullcrap, Favre rarely signs anything, yet there's 300-400 graphs of his on eBay on a daily basis.

Other ones include:

Joe Montana
    Jerry Rice (Huuuuge)
    Dan Marino
    Tiger Woods
    Alex Rodrigez

EDIT: I suppose I lied, there's over 700 Favre autos on eBay right now..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ali........people just pawn it off as his recent years and use a thick Sharpie and just scribble.