Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1991 Upper Deck Hank Aaron AU

Hey guys.. usually a hockey collector but for some reason I really want this card. I busted 3 boxes today hoping to get lucky but nada.. anyone of you have this or know someone that pulled it? A buddy of mine has one but won't sell it to me. lol.
    Hidden Content
    Looking for Stamkos, Crosby and Ovechkin. No base/inserts.

Football: Hidden Content (Buccaneers)

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I don't think you would have a good shot at getting one if you opening up 3 cases. Maybe like 30 cases. They produced tons of that stuff so even with a high print run it is next to impossible to pull one from a box.

Hmm too funny I remember in 1991 I went to Sports Authoirty with my buddy and he got 3 packs as did I.. He got the auto and I didn't ever since then I really wanted it. WOW did he get lucky. Saw one on the bay for 180.. may just bu y that one.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I have one... unfortunately, I think it's a fake. I traded for it years ago (in the 90's) on the message boards. There's nothing on the card that says it's a certified auto... not stamps, no stickers... One of the few times I've been ripped off from an online deal.
    Collecting GU, Autos, & certain Parallels/Inserts/RCS:
    A's/Padres/Lakers/Packers/Seahawks/Sharks
    Kurt Suzuki/Tony Gwynn/Greg Maddux/Kobe Bryant/Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre/Steve Largent/Devin Setoguchi/Ryan Miller
    Hidden Content
    <> Hidden Content <> Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosefuji View Post
    I have one... unfortunately, I think it's a fake. I traded for it years ago (in the 90's) on the message boards. There's nothing on the card that says it's a certified auto... not stamps, no stickers... One of the few times I've been ripped off from an online deal.
    I'm pretty sure the only way you can tell if it is real is the hologram on the back of the card is different. Instead of the baseball diamond it is a regular diamond. Don't remember which was real and which was fake but that was the only way to tell a real Ted Williams from a fake one in the 1992 set so I assume the same is true for the Aaron.

If you can be sure that it's real, it's always better to just buy the individual card than buy box after box hoping to pull it. Not only will you have your card, but you won't have piles and piles of junk lying around =)
    Want: Tim Lincecum, Madison Bumgarner, Buster Posey, and Fans of the Game Autos

Hidden Content

Hidden Content - Autos & GUs
    Hidden Content - #'d, Refractors, RCs, Inserts, etc...

Contrary to popular belief, I do have a life away from cards, so if I don't respond to a post or PM right away, please don't take it personally. Just PM me with a gentle reminder and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks pwaldo...

I checked mine and it has the hologram that looks like a home plate (see scan below), while the authentic one on ebay looked like a diamond. I kind of figured mine was a fake. Thanks for the help.

-Fuji

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only way you can tell if it is real is the hologram on the back of the card is different. Instead of the baseball diamond it is a regular diamond. Don't remember which was real and which was fake but that was the only way to tell a real Ted Williams from a fake one in the 1992 set so I assume the same is true for the Aaron.
    Kurt Suzuki/Tony Gwynn/Greg Maddux/Kobe Bryant/Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre/Steve Largent/Devin Setoguchi/Ryan Miller
    Hidden Content

If I remember right he signed all of these in blue pen.. That does indeed look like a fake though :(
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Checked into it more and this is correct the hologram is indeed different.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Figures... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by hockeygreg View Post
    If I remember right he signed all of these in blue pen.. That does indeed look like a fake though :(
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast