Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See DrewDude40's Items on eBay

Two words: Matt Bush

Padres #1 overall pick in the 2004 draft. First shortstop taken first overall since A-Rod. Got into a bar fight and got hurt in one of his first days in minor league camp. So he then hit around .150 for two whole seasons, so they decided to try this bust with a good arm at pitcher.

This was great, as he pitched threw a few appearances in the minors, striking almost everybody out that he faced. But this bust blew out his arm before too long, requiring Tommy John surgery.

While in recovery from his surgery, he beat up a San Diego high school freshman lacrosse player, because the high school kid was making fun of him for being a bust. Matt Bush got arrested, and the Padres released him.

He then signed with the Blue Jays, but couldn't stay sober, so they released him soon as well. He signed with the Rays this spring training (As he still throws 95), but I highly doubt this guy will pull a reverse Ankiel/Josh Hamilton.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sanjosefuji's Items on eBay

DrewDude - Awesome... I just picked up his 2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition autograph for my PC... it's actually a 2 for 1 deal, b/c I also collect Padres players. Sweet! I'm pumped!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See DrewDude40's Items on eBay

Haha, glad I could help. Living in San Diego I had first hand experience of his disappointment. I dodged the bullet on Leaf as I don't do too much football, but I have a few auto's of the wonder kid Matt Bush.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How could I forget Akili Smith

SCF Rewards
    Country

roogy - thanks... it just so happens that i was going to feature his auto next on my blog later this week. i actually have two of his autos... i'm sure i traded some decent stuff to get them too

i'll make sure to post it here as soon as i do a write up for it.

How could I forget Akili Smith

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

Nice thread and nice PC concept! I also checked out your blog and even became a follower!

SCF Rewards
    Country

thank you for your support!

Nice thread and nice PC concept! I also checked out your blog and even became a follower!

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

Cool

thank you for your support!

No problem! Gotta support our middle school teachers, especially when they're Laker fans!

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

asujbl - nice clarett card... it's a must for ohio state fans.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast