Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

GDT: Game 4 VANCOUVER CANUCKS @ LOS ANGELES KINGS!!!!!!!

LOS ANGELES KINGS LINE-UP
    (Subject to change)
    #94 Ryan Smyth, #11 Anze Kopitar, #17 Wayne Simmonds
    #24 Alexander Frolov, #28 Jarret Stoll, #23 Dustin Brown
    #15 Brad Richardson, #26 Michael Hanzus, #33 Fredrik Modin
    #63 Scott Parse, #22 Jeff Halpern, #56 Richard Clune

#8 Drew Doughty, #7 Rob Scuderi
    #6 Sean O'Donnell, #3 Jack Johnson
    #2 Matt Greene, #12 Jones

#32 Jonathan Quick
    #31 Erik Ersberg

VANCOUVER CANUCKS LINE-UP
    (Subject to change)
    #22 D. Sedin - #33 H. Sedin - #14 Burrows
    #38 Demitra - #17 Kesler - #26 Samuelsson
    #21 Raymond - #42 Wellwood - #36 Hansen
    #40 Grabner- #13 Pettinger - #18 Bernier

#6 Salo - #23 Edler
    #5 Ehrhoff - #55 O'Brien
    #3 Bieksa - #41 Alberts

#1 Luongo
    #30 Raycroft

TOP STATS
    VAN - (4) Samuelsson

GOALS
    KINGS - (2) Modin, Zues
    VAN - (4) Samuelsson

ASSISTS
    KINGS - (5) JMFJ
    VAN - (4) Kesler

GOALIE STATS
    Quick, LA - 3 GP Record: 2-1 GAA 2.45 SV% .918
    Luongo, VAN - 3 GP Record: 1-2 GAA 3.20 SV% .880

ADDITIONAL STATS
    Goals Per Game:
    LA – 3.33
    VAN – 2.67

Goals Against Average:
    LA – 2.45
    VAN – 3.06

Power Play %:
    LA – 7/12 - 58.3%
    VAN – 2/11 - 18.2%

Penalty Kill %:
    LA – 81.8%
    VAN – 41.7%

Shots Per Game:
    LA – 27.3
    VAN – 32.7

Shots Against Per Game:
    LA – 32.7
    VAN – 27.3

PLAYOFF SERIES KINGS 2-1
    Game 1: at VAN - VAN 3, LA 2 - Final OT (Samuelsson GW) - Stars of the Game - #1 Samuelsson, #2 Elder, #3 Quick
    Game 2: at VAN - LA 3, VAN 2 - Final OT (Kopitar GW) - Stars of the Game - #1 Kopitar, #2 Kesler, #3 Doughty
    Game 3: at LA - LA 5, VAN 3 - Final (Richardson GW) - Stars of the Game - #1 Johnson, #2 Doughty, #3 Handzus

THEY SAID WHAT?????
    "Obviously they are going to be better next game, and we have to be better too. It is the playoffs, so you play with a lot of inspiration. We do not want to get scored on. It was not perfect, but we will take a win. That is the most important thing. We got a win and we just have to keep going. We are trying to get it deep and play down low. That has been our game all season. It is what we were trying to do (Monday), and for most of the night, we did a good job." -- Kings center Michal Handzus.

Pierre quoted Detroit coach Mike Babcock — who coached Doughty at the Olympics — as saying today, “We just talked about this in our coaches’ office here this morning. He doesn’t play high-risk, and yet he makes great offensive plays. A lot of offensive D-men are high-risk. He’s not like that at all. He just sees it and knows it. … The other thing is that his body type is such that he’s heavy enough and thick enough, he’ll just bounce off. And he’s so evasive with his tight turn. It’s hard to get to him. And he’s great defensively. He doesn’t get wound up about anything; he’s as relaxed as they come. He just plays.”

(on whether there were some nerves at the start of the game…)
    DOUGHTY: “Maybe. Those fans were going crazy before the game, and there was maybe a little bit of nervousness and a little bit of pressure got to us, but we came through and we were a lot better after those first couple minutes. After that, I thought that we were the best of the team for the rest of the game.”

(on the playoff atmosphere…)
    MURRAY: “Well they [the Canucks] came out very good. That was a great start by the Vancouver Canucks. They had lots of energy, they were heavy, they were hard, physical, and they end up scoring the first goal. I thought the building was very good. You know, I’ve been hearing for the past couple years about the atmosphere that’s going to be there whenever the team gets to the playoffs, and it was that plus. It was tremendous. Fans were a big, big part of the game here for us tonight.”

------------------------------------------------------

HENRIK SEDIN (on the disallowed goal…)
    “I was surprised they even took a look at it. From my point of view (Daniel Sedin) comes in (and) hits the outside of his skate — very questionable. (Daniel) scored right away afterward and then we got a power play and didn’t capitalize. (The Kings) get a lucky goal and the game is over.”

COACH ALAIN VIGNEAULT (on the disallowed goal…)
    “I think it was a good goal, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter what I think. We have to deal with it and get ready for the next game. Big difference right now is specialty teams. Our penalty kill hasn’t done the job and our power play hasn’t done the job. Our 5-on-5 play has been real good. We came out tonight real strong and threw something like 34 pucks on net. We were good physically. Obviously, momentum shifted when they scored those goals, but we’ve got to find a solution.”

ROBERTO LUONGO
    “We have trouble (killing penalties) right now. It might be something we need to address tomorrow. Everybody knows what we’ve got to do on the ice; it’s just a matter of executing it. Sometimes when we’re hesitant things (like that) tend to happen. I’m already focused on the next game. We came here hoping to win both, but with a split we can take control of the series and get home ice again. It’s just a matter of getting ready for the next game.”

ONE LAST THOUGHT
    – It was a record-reaching night for Drew Doughty and Jack Johnson. With four points (one goal, three assists), Doughty tied the team record for most points in a playoff game by a defenseman. Paul Coffey also had four points in an April 20, 1992 playoff game against Edmonton. Also, Doughty and Johnson also each had three assists, which ties a team record for most assists by a defenseman in a playoff game. It’s been done two other times, most recently by Mathieu Schneider in an April 18, 2001 playoff game against Detroit.

---

And end this GDT with a FROZEN MOMENT!!! DREW DOUGHTY WITH THE GAME WINNER IN OT ON THE POWER PLAY!!!

Info gathered from - CBSSPORTS.COM, LETSGOKINGS.COM, LAKINGSINSIDER.COM, YAHOO.COM, CANUCKS.COM, LAKINGS.COM, REVOLUTIONMYSPACE.COM

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings

Just want to make note here - Please have respect when posting - This is supposed to be fun and interactive and within the rules of SCF....So Please keep the Disrespect out of this thread

With that said......I would like to share something.....Here are the "other" GDT on SCF....A big shout out to all those who participate and making the Kings / Canucks Thread the top on SCF!!!!!

Pens / Sens
    Game 2 GDT - 162 hits - 18 posts
    Game 3 GDT - 30 hits - 0 posts

Devils / Flyers
    Game 2 GDT - 52 hits - 8 posts

Caps / Canadians
    Game 1 GDT - 320 hits - 46 posts
    Game 2 GDT - 242 hits - 25 posts

KINGS / CANUCKS
    Game 1 GDT - 454 hits - 61 posts
    Game 2 GDT - 491 hits - 67 posts
    Game 3 GDT - 1059 hits - 85 posts

Just want to give a shout out to the Kings fans and Canucks fans for making this the best site during the playoffs!!!!!

and one last shout out.............................

GO KINGS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings

They had the Briggs playing Live before the game and when the Kings won - They sang THIS IS LA!

||
    ||
    ||
    \/ Top left corner of this picture (in the first row) is someone famous...................................ME!!!!!

I dont think the pic is working but I am also in this video - top of screen 2nd person to the left of the guy in bright white jersey - I was waving the towel...LMAO!!!!

Last edited by CSSports; 04-21-2010 at 12:56 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Game 3 GDT - 1059 hits - 85 posts

When Drew Doughty dominates, people like to talk about it.

When the Kings dominate, especially a bunch of hacks like the Canooks, the floodgates open.

GO KINGS GO!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wildwestgal63's Items on eBay

I had a big part in these threads!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Randy Jones back in, Peter Harrold out.

That is all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

Randy Jones back in, Peter Harrold out.

That is all.

Exactly. I'd rather forfeit now and just save our energy. Randy Jones is the defensive version of Dan Cloutier: Terrible in all aspects and only plays good when it doesn't matter.

That being said....even with jones is smashing time! 8-1 sounds good with Doughty scoring at least one

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings

I am going to go with Kings 4-2 with Kopi and Brown getting 2 of the 4 goals.....probably on the power play!!! LOL

Will be there in the Crazy Staples Center!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!

Hopefully I get back from the game and get into some good conversations!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

I am going to go with Kings 4-2 with Kopi and Brown getting 2 of the 4 goals.....probably on the power play!!! LOL

Will be there in the Crazy Staples Center!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!

Hopefully I get back from the game and get into some good conversations!!!

Yeah. hopefully this thread goes a lot better than the last.

Lucky you Chris. EDIT: Dad can't do tomorrow. Do you know anyone selling game 6 tix? Think you can check for me Chris. Dad said if I can find some, we're going

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

Canucks win this one in a squeaker 4-3. My prediction.

This game makes or breaks Luongo imo.

If the Canucks can stay out of the box they win 5 on 5. If not well you've seen the evidence.

Wish the game was on earlier for me though. This is the only series i'm really into.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast