Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    See frogger100's Items on eBay

I think ebay has ruined the collectible card industry.....its a matter of life or deth....evryone is tying to go lower then evrone else on their card sales...soon people will be selling auto gu cads for bucks...its rediculas...my gu jersey cards that i obtained on cristmas and b-days yoused o be worth AT LEAST 20$....and i could get that amount....not...peope selling gu cards as low as a buck...now u have to get a numbered gu card/GOOD auto or a auto gu card for it to be worth more then th pack you paid for..ebay is driving baseball card dealers out of buisness accross the U.S.A.....and it sucks...besuse they cant compete with ebay prices....i like hanging out at my local card shop...talking cards...buying cards...and ebay is driving me away from that....so in cunclusion...yes....ebay is covinet....yes ebay knows what people are selling te cards for....but it is ruining the indusry....and its not just baseball cards...when i was little i use to be able to sell m magic the gathering card collection for over 1,000 bucks...now,becase of ebay i can balrly get 300...

SCF Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by muggz623
    nealp28 - Thank God for eBay, paying book value for a card is completely ridiculous on 99% of cards!

tutall - I can't go by own system, because other traders don't go by "my system"

i dont see what the point of colecting cards if u cant get a extrealy good card and be abe to sell it for a good amount of money....

ok lets put together a senario...

Im 15 years old...i love collecting cards....i collect them for the fun of collectin cards and o collect my fav. teams memrobilla....Ok...i get older....im 30 now.....i go into debt....i think to myself...ok...i need money....*bing* a lught gose off...i have alll my old baseball stuff from when i was a kid...it used to be worth thousand...i cant even imagine what its worth ow....well it turns out that since evryone is trying to sell their cards by lowing the prices of their cards to go below others all the value of my cards went down.....

it use to be that baseball cards hardly ever whent down in price,and when a player retires,gets into hall of fame...or dose other great things...their cards go up in value...but now that dose not matter at all..

i look at collecting cards as a fourm of fun,respect,honor, and currancy...

ebay ruined all that....

im not going to stop collectig cards cause of it...cuse i still love collecting...but it sucks...

SCF Rewards

btw...i am sry about my horrible spelling...im in school and im trying to listin and post at same time...lol...+ i just cant spell lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tommy251's Items on eBay

Beckett is a tool of the Card companies, plan and simple. If the priceing was based on ebay values there is no way the card companies could justify charging the prices they do. Whats the answer, I don't know. I love collecting so I will not stop. I just have a hard time paying some of the prices for the cards I want.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See johnnym4151's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Professor-Chaos
    I hate when sellers from the USa won't ship to Canada... like we live on a different planet or something... we are neighbors...and it only cost a little more, I don't see why within the USA they charge $2.00 and all of a sudden, to Canada it's like $4.00 (or higher)... but what are you gonna do... I have evertyhing shipped to a friend of mine in the USA... That'll teach them greedy -censored-

I hate it when bidders from Canada bid on my auctions when the auctions state that I only I ship to the USA. Then they get mad when I ask for an address in the USA to ship to. I was nice enough to ship a card to Canada recently and it still hasnt arrived. Now the guys is asking me where it is. Go ask customs. Maybe they are waiting for him to pay the tax on it....Oh well...

Thanks, John

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals
    See rogerj16's Items on eBay

If anyone's in this hobby for making money, they better get out. This is not a hobby where you make money anymore. You need to put most of the blame on card companies not ebay. Do you really think the big power sellers on ebay are losing money? I don't know of too many that would still be in business if they were. If you buy a box for $125, sell all the good stuff on ebay. How much money do you get back? Maybe lucky to get $25-50? Unless, you get a real good card. So tell me how these big power sellers are making it? I can only think of one possibility, they're getting their boxes so cheap that they can afford to do it. How many local dealers do you know that can't afford to bust boxes anymore? or How many are no longer even in business? So don't put all the blame on ebay. Look to the real source The Card Companies.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Professor-Chaos's Items on eBay

Maybe the peeps that are in this hobby to make $$$ are in the wrong field... After all, it is a HOBBY... Plus everyone is crying because their $200.00 card isn't selling for more than $50.00... How many of you actually pay good money for the cards you want (And by good money I mean more than 1/2 book)??? There's 2 sides to every coin guys... I make more $$$ buying lots on eBay and breaking them up and selling them at shows than I do opening boxes of cards and most of the time I pay less for my lots of cards than I would for some UD Piece of -censored- box... Anyways, I'm not telling anyone how to collect, just a reminder that trading cards is probably not the best investment... Remember the early '90's well it's the same now just on a smaller scale...

See iceman761987's Items on eBay

no in a box you almost always get your money back
    due to inserts and gu'ed it is ebays fault i wish i could go back in time and shoot the creater

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals
    See rogerj16's Items on eBay

How do you get your money back? Sure, maybe if you look at the BV's. But not if you sell the cards. Don't blame ebay because you're paying $125 for a box of cards and can only get, if you're very lucky, $50 selling. Don't blame ebay because your $50 GU card is only selling for $5. That's not ebay's fault. Like I said, if all those power sellers weren't making money, they sure wouldn't allow cards to go so cheap. Do you think they just love to sell cards? You might also blame yourself for falling into the trap of buying a box of cards that cost $125.
    Anyways, I love ebay. I don't sell cards. I don't buy cards to sell. I don't buy cards to hopefully make a profit. I buy cards because I like the hobby. I buy cards to trade for cards I want. I bought 1 box of cards last year. None this year. I'll take that back I bought a $9.99 mini box at K-Mart and maybe 5-8 packs. Why buy a box when I can buy cards I want off ebay? For a lot less and I can get the exact card I want.

See iceman761987's Items on eBay

why do that one of the greatest joys in this hobby is busting a pack
    i mean the excitment , inticipation
    its all the best part
    ebay is just a glorified flea market

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast