Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Tampa Bay Rays- David Price ashamed of crowd attendance

David Price stated on his twitter that he was embarressed with the turnout to the Rays game, when if they won, they clinched a playoff berth. I believe only 10,000 people were at the home game...

I agree with Price, you got a first place team in September and your not selling the stadium out? I'm sorry, Tampa doesnt deserve a team, the organization puts out a first place team in the toughest division in Baseball and people still don't show up..I can understand if people arent showing up because the team is bad but the team is in first place!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

psh I wish the yanks were like that.. even if they were 20 games under .500.. you cant get seats anywhere.. lmao

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

the team said no matter what they are slashing payroll next year. its only 70 million now and the talk is that it will be down to around 50 mil. bye bye carl crawford. its sad for sure that its not selling out but its just as sad to me that the owner has already come out and said that they dont care if they win the world series they are cutting payroll. crawford is the best player in team history and it sounds like they are going to let him walk.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See skyride39's Items on eBay

hopefully desmond jennings can cover for crawford's absence.

don't know what it's like watching a game at tropicana field (if it's still called that) but here in Toronto, although the team has been competitive, watching a game at the Rogers Centre is like watching a game in an office space/car garage. Not the greatest baseball atmosphere. Maybe that's what's happening in Tampa, not the greatest place to watch a baseball game?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

I think it's pretty pathetic, but IMO, there's two main reasons why the Rays don't draw:

1.) The Trop is a pathetic excuse of a 'stadium'.
    2.) St. Petersburg is primarily filled with old people.

I think #1 is the biggest reason. Who wants to go to a baseball game (regardless of team) when it doesn't even feel like your going to one?

I get excited when I walk into Jacobs Field because of the atmosphere/building more than the actual baseball...at the Trop, it's probably the exact opposite.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why I love this story...

The media "experts" are able to show how hypocritical they are. People have been ripping Price (not me personally - alot of sports radio) yet they defended Tom Brady for ripping fans for leaving their 1st game earlier. It goes both ways - some guys that are defending Price were ripping Brady.

Just makes me laugh. Personally I don't care either way - I agree with Price that it's pathetic. I agree with Joe Lunchbox that he can spend his hard earned money however he wants (not to mention live baseball is ridiculously dull unless you are drinking)

Just a double standard that the national media never addresses.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Why I love this story...

The media "experts" are able to show how hypocritical they are. People have been ripping Price (not me personally - alot of sports radio) yet they defended Tom Brady for ripping fans for leaving their 1st game earlier. It goes both ways - some guys that are defending Price were ripping Brady.

Just makes me laugh. Personally I don't care either way - I agree with Price that it's pathetic. I agree with Joe Lunchbox that he can spend his hard earned money however he wants (not to mention live baseball is ridiculously dull unless you are drinking)

Just a double standard that the national media never addresses.

theres a very big difference between going to a game and not staying until then end compared to not showing any support whatsoever in attending the game.