Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

What to do with autographed index cards?

May sound like a dumb question, but a lot of times, if I send a custom or card to a good signer who signs multiple items per request, I'll put an index card in there too for the heck of it. I wanna get these in a binder or something for each sport, but I've never seen any pages that fit an IC. Or does anyone have any other display ideas?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See indian1797's Items on eBay

Well if you're putting them in a binder...
    An effective idea would be using the poly pockets for collecting paper money. These can go for about 15/$4. They are about 8 1/2 inches long and about 3 1/2 inches high/wide. They seem to stay in place rather easily and are a very clear, effective way to show them off. Another way would be to make "cut insert" cards, in which you take the auto and place it in a custom, similar to a cut auto you obtain from most hobby boxes/packs. Overall, good luck and please inform me of how you do with this.

-indian71

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See skinsfan20's Items on eBay

Although I don't do this myself at all, I often see them framed and matted with photos. So, you can put any picture you want in the frame and then have the auto below it. Something similar to this Ali auto

obviously it can get expensive to frame and matte a lot of them, but it's a good idea. lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well if you're putting them in a binder...
    An effective idea would be using the poly pockets for collecting paper money. These can go for about 15/$4. They are about 8 1/2 inches long and about 3 1/2 inches high/wide. They seem to stay in place rather easily and are a very clear, effective way to show them off. Another way would be to make "cut insert" cards, in which you take the auto and place it in a custom, similar to a cut auto you obtain from most hobby boxes/packs. Overall, good luck and please inform me of how you do with this.

-indian71

Thanks for the tip on the binder sheets, I didn't know they made them that small. I generally don't need to make cut autos because if I have an index card, I usually got the auto on something else also..

Although I don't do this myself at all, I often see them framed and matted with photos. So, you can put any picture you want in the frame and then have the auto below it. Something similar to this Ali auto

obviously it can get expensive to frame and matte a lot of them, but it's a good idea. lol

It's a good idea, but yes, expensive. And usually these are just extra IC's I get when I send a custom, so generally I don't really need a shadow box display or something extravagant because I'll have the auto on a card already or a 8x10.

Anymore suggestions? Keep 'em coming guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The local shop here sells Ultra Pro sheets for 4x6 index cards. I have never seen them anywhere else. They are great. I would check the web. I had the same prob. I didn't know how to store them but now I have a binder full of 4x6s.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The local shop here sells Ultra Pro sheets for 4x6 index cards. I have never seen them anywhere else. They are great. I would check the web. I had the same prob. I didn't know how to store them but now I have a binder full of 4x6s.

Sweet! That's what I'm looking for. Hopefully I can find them at a good price.

Thanks guys.

Country

Check out the2buds.com they have decient prices on this stuff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

Make them into custom cuts! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not meaning to gravedig here but thought of this topic today. I just got back from walmart with a frame with four 3.5x5 picture slots. Have it up with a Joe Morgan, Doug Harvey, Bobby Doerr, and Lee MacPhail index cards and it looks awesome. I need to get some duplicates of the Morgan and Harvey to keep in my book of autos but it does display them very nicely. Thought I'd share.

(Frame was $5 before taxes)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hello_kitty_2005's Items on eBay

I'm wondering how to make cut signature cards like those posted by RockiesFan33. Those are awesome and I am knew to custom card making. Any help is appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast