Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jake Peavy-A True Class Act

So I went to a Jake Peavy signing at a Chevy dealer. Got there 30 min. early and saw no line. I was like "Cool, I get him and then leave." He comes in and goes up the stairs to do something for Make a Wish. 10 minutes before the signing I still see no line. I ask one of the employees and he tells me to go all the way down the hall and to the left. I walk through the door leading to the garage and one word enters my mind: Crap. The line is about a mile long (embellishing of course, but the line was really long). I see some people with blue tickets and I asked someone about them. She said that those with blue tickets were guaranteed and autograph. "Crap" enters my mind again. I was close to the end of the line with more people coming in behind me. I waited an hour and 5 minutes and I thought I wasn't going to get Peavy to sign because the people doing the "have your item ready" thing said that we were getting into his "I gotta go time." However, I then hear the classiest thing I've ever heard: "Jake will stay and make sure that everything is signed for everyone." My heart is ecstatic. I go up to him and ask "How are you doing today, Mr. Peavy?" He says "I'm doing great, buddy. How about yourself?" I say great. He signs my ball, shakes my hand, and I thank him. By far this is my favorite In-Person success (Sorry, Joakim Noah). Thanks for reading my long story!

Jake Peavy-1/1 baseball
    Cards FT: Hidden Content

I collect Aaron Judge
    BV hasn't been relevant since 2008. Unless we've used BV previously, I prefer to look at sales for value

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow! Nice Success! Totally opposite to the Casey Blake signing I went to that was taking place at Verizon. He was scheduled to sign from 12-1 pm and left right when I got to the front of the line. I wish he would do the same as Peavy. Sounds like a total class act indeed :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

i wish i would have got peavy when he did a free signing once in san diego, and for the blake signing, i had a similar exp with a o. hudson signing last year, waited in line 2 hrs and still didnt get his auto, a fellow dodger fan feels your pain

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cool experience, I went to a Brad Lidge signing and he signed for everyone too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thats awesome man! i was at a flyers STH thing that was supposed to run until 9pm and carter and briere left at 830 with a ton of people still waiting for them. glad to see some guys still know what its all about.

SCF Rewards
    Country

he is really cool-at the team hotel and at the game.great signer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool guy, not like Kevin Smith, director/actor. He was supposed to sign at one area of a convention, but when we got there some guy said that he changed his location, but we had to get tickets first, which we did at another spot. Then when we got there, we were forced to wait outside of the room he was in...he was already signing for about, ooooohhhh, 75-100 people and it didn't matter if you had a ticket or not. Guy working the convention said we would be the first people in the "next" group to go. Then he lets in about a group of 6 girls in the room (no tickets) instead of me and my 2 friends. 10 minutes later he announces, "Mr Smith has finished signing, sorry."

Meh. At least we got to see him speak. I guess to be fair, he spoke for about 45 minutes longer than scheduled. Huh. Now I just put that in perspective, I kinda feel like a jerk. I'm conflicted.

Anyway, cool story about Peavy. Awesome guy.