Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 39 of 181 FirstFirst ... 29363738394041424989139 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think the duflex would make for an excellent insert in the base score porduct.

I was beginning to take a break from the hobby when Playoff introduced the leather cards and couldn't believe the price jumps for packs and those singles.

Interesting that Donruss first re-introduced a Mayo type insert.

More amazing patches!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome NT's - the one in the middle is just gorgeous!

Yeah, they are nice. I just wish they had a higher print run so there were more for me to get!

Honestly, one of the best collections I've seen of any player. Awesome collection! Thanks for sharing this for everyones viewing pleasure.

Steve

Thanks. Living in Australia, few people appreciate this. This forum is a great way to show it off to people who do.

I greatly remember all the Playoff. I bought tons of that stuff, I still have my sets that I hand collated.

Yeah, I had a lot of the sets too. The great thing was that you were pretty much guaranteed to get a set in a box of Playoff and Action Packed, so I think I had about 6 different playoff sets and 6 different Action Packed sets. Unfortunately when I moved I sold them off - I just had too much to take.

I think the duflex would make for an excellent insert in the base score porduct.

I was beginning to take a break from the hobby when Playoff introduced the leather cards and couldn't believe the price jumps for packs and those singles.

Interesting that Donruss first re-introduced a Mayo type insert.

More amazing patches!

Thanks. Yeah, those leather cards costs an arm and a leg, as did the quads. I bought a box of Absolute and I got a dud quad, a common, but I also bought a box of prime and got a Marino leather card, so it evened out I suppose.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've previously mentioned that I am a big fan of Pinnacle's Dufex technology. After Pinnacle went bust, Playoff bought the rights to Pinnacle's name and products, including the Dufex technology. In 2005 they produced a Zenith set that utilised the Dufex technology in the inserts. While it wasn't as good as the Dufex cards in 1995 and 1997, I still liked them. Unfortunately not many people did, as Playoff never produced it again. Here are some of the inserts.

This is the Black n Blue insert. The gold version is on the left and is numbered out of 100 and the regular unnumbered version is on the right:

This is the Team Zenith insert. The regular unnumbered version is on the top and the gold version numbered out of 100 is on the bottom:

This is the Mosaic insert with Javon Walker and Ahman Green:

This is the Canton bound insert:

This is the Autumn Warriors insert with David Carr (good choice):

This is the Aerial Assault insert:

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've always liked the National Treasures card. Early in this thread I showed my National Treasures patch or jersey and auto cards from 2006 and 2007 National Treasures. Unfortunately the 2008 National Treasures didn't have any of these cards. But 2009 did.

Here is the 2009 National Treasures jersey (spelling out Favre) and auto card numbered out of 10:

Here is the 2009 National Treasures prime patch (spelling out Favre) and auto card numbered out of 4:

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really like the 09 NT's you've posted here! I was kind of down on that set when it first came out for whatever reason, but I really like it now, I think it is actually a step up from 08, and your Favres look great, and I still like that Autumn Warriors set.

Country
    See t_dubs's Items on eBay

wow those last two are awesome...great additions!

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Zenith still look sharp.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great die-cuts as always!

G Mo

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really like the 09 NT's you've posted here! I was kind of down on that set when it first came out for whatever reason, but I really like it now, I think it is actually a step up from 08, and your Favres look great, and I still like that Autumn Warriors set.

2009 National Treasures seem to have polarised people. Some love it, others hate it. I always really liked it.

wow those last two are awesome...great additions!

More to come!

The Zenith still look sharp.

Yeah, I was disappointed when they didn't continue producing it.

Great die-cuts as always!

G Mo

Thanks, there are still some more to come of them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another 90s set that I really liked was Action Packed.

For those of you who haven't seen the cards, they were 3 dimensional cards that had "raised" features on them that you could feel if you ran your hand over them. They were also made by folding over the pieces of card to join at the back so they were thicker than usual cards (at least until 1997). Initially they were produced by their own company, but in 1996 (or it may have been 1995) they were produced by pinnacle. They also had rounded corners until 1996.

Here is the Favre rookie card from 1991:

There was no Favre card in the 1992 set, but there were a number of card in the 1993 set. Here is the Favre QB Club card:

There was also a Braille Parallel set produced. I don't know if you can see it clearly on the card, but on the back of the card there were words produced in braille. I don't know what it says though - help anyone?:

This is the 24 KT gold card which was hard to get at 1 in every 72 packs:

There was also a Monday Night Football set produced. Here is the Favre card:

In 1994 there was a gold signature parallel produced of the cards that had a facsimile of the player's signature on it. Here is the Favre:

There was also another QB club insert set. Here is the Favre:

There was also a Fantasy Forecast set. If you rubbed the black football in the top right hand corner, the player's fantasy rating was forecast:

There was also a QB Club challenge insert set in series 2. Here is the Favre:

Again, there was also a 24 KT gold Favre QB club card in series 2:

Page 39 of 181 FirstFirst ... 29363738394041424989139 ... LastLast