Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 43 of 181 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445465393143 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love it, the old and the new. Recalling the older, lends to the naming of the present. Beautiful as always.

Thanks mate. Yeah, the old and the new make you appreciate the other.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some more Die-cuts now.

This isn't a particularly unusual die-cut except for the fact that it has a "TV-Cel" in it. It's from 1996 Upper Deck:

This is a 1997 Topps Gallery of Heroes. The Die-cut isn't anything special, but I do like the Stained Glass look:

This is a 1998 Bowman's Best Fusion Die-cut with Charlie Batch on the other side. This is the refractor version numbered out of 100:

This is a leather single from 1998 Playoff Contenders:

This is a 1999 Donruss Preferred X-Ponential card numbered out of 2,500:

This is a 1999 Donruss Elite Field of Vision die-cut numbered out of 162:

This is a 2000 Topps Gallery of Heroes. Again, the Die-cut isn't anything special, but I do like the Stained Glass look:

This is a 2001 Fleer Game time Line-up insert:

This is a 2003 Fleer Authentix Stadium Classics card:

This is a 2004 Fleer Authentix Hot-Ticket insert:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would you be intrested in a Brett Favre Authentic GB Jersey? LMK
    Thanks(BTW It is signed lol)

SCF Rewards
    Country

A couple of unusual Favre "auto" cards now.

The first comes from 2000 Topps Gallery, and is a canvas version of the Heritage insert. It's numbered out of 175, and if you notice the signature isn't Favre's - it's the Artist's who painted the picture. A set autographed by the Artist was available as a prize, with 175 being available. Here is the front:

Here is the back with the Topps Authentic Auto sticker. A letter also came with it explaining what the cards were, which I have a copy of:

The second card comes from 2003 Skybox Limited Edition. Here is the front of the card, which has no auto on it:

However when you come to the back there is a signature, though not Favre's again. This time it is the signature of the Photographer who took the photo of Favre on the front. This is the Photographer's Proof version numbered out of 25:

SCF Rewards
    Country

More crazy die-cuts! I don't think I've ever seen those 96 predictor TV cell cards, I like that one, Elite die-cuts are cool too, I still like the ones they have nowadays, I know they were doing the artists sigs w/ 09 chicle but I didn't know they did it before, now the photographers sig, lol, I've never heard of that, but still some pretty neat cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Even though the Vikings lost to the Saints in the Season opener, here is a special Favre Vikings card for the start of the NFL season.

When Favre went to the Vikings, I was a little disappointed. However there was a dual Favre auto card I did start to look forward too. No, it was not with Adrian Peterson, though I do hope to get one of these. It wasn't with Percy Harvin, or Cris Carter or Warren Moon. It was with the Player who held the records Favre now holds for most Career Touchdowns, passes, completions and yards, before Dan Marino passed them - Fran Tarkenton. I've always been a fan of Fran Tarkenton because he was, for want of a better term, a scrappy player who could make something out of nothing, like Favre. So I was looking forward to a Favre and Tarkenton dual auto, and it appeared in 2010 Donruss Elite. I was a little disappointed they didn't produce a dual auto with Jersey pieces, but I shouldn't complain.

I was actually surprised to win the card below, as my maximum bid was about $100 less than what previous version had sold for, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw I won it. The card is numbered out of 25. Here is the Favre side:

Here is the Tarkenton side:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would you be intrested in a Brett Favre Authentic GB Jersey? LMK
    Thanks(BTW It is signed lol)

I generally only collect cards. However PM me a picture.

SCF Rewards
    Country

More crazy die-cuts! I don't think I've ever seen those 96 predictor TV cell cards, I like that one, Elite die-cuts are cool too, I still like the ones they have nowadays, I know they were doing the artists sigs w/ 09 chicle but I didn't know they did it before, now the photographers sig, lol, I've never heard of that, but still some pretty neat cards.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I wish Donruss/Playoff/Panini over the years would have produced signed artist's proof version of their Gridiron Kings inserts because I really like those cards. This year's cards look great, but unfortunately there is no Favre card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some more Great Pacific cards from the 90s.

This card is a silk card from 1997 Revolution that folds out to be twice the size of a regular card:

This card is a EO Portraits card from 1998 Omega. It has little pinholes in it that draw out Favre's face. On the front you can't see it:

But on the back you can:

This is the mini from the Card Supials set in 1997 Pacific:

This is the front of the large Card Supial card:

This is the back, which has a little slot beneath the black and white picture of Favre where you can slot in the mini card:

Here is the back with the mini card slotted in:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See road_runner_1964's Items on eBay

Awesome dual with Tarkenton. Although, historically a Viking, I have always liked him.

Page 43 of 181 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445465393143 ... LastLast