Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Sort Of A Cool Find...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sort Of A Cool Find...

I recently found an old box with several team and promotional baseballs, all but one of which were not signed. The one that was happened to be signed by former pitcher Tom Filer. The interesting part? I got a free baseball at a Columbus Clippers game several years ago when he was the pitching coach there. Not knowing any better, I had him sign a Mets ball because that was all I had. Just did a quick search of him to find that he actually played for the Mets! The autograph is pretty faded, but it is still a pretty cool find and a nice coincidence.

Just wanted to share, thanks for reading!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great find, Congrats.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Auburn2012's Items on eBay

I hate to thread jack, but I did this a few years ago. I was just looking through my closet and I found a football that I noticed had some autographs on it. I looked around on the ball and noticed there was a large T and D as the first letters of the initials. I pulled out my Tony Dungy book that he signed for me and sure enough, it was Tony Dungy's autograph on this football I had stowed away in my closed. Its faded like crazy, but still extremely cool.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a hat signed by some of the New York Giants from aound 00-01 that a relative got me when he played for them. Just found it about a year or so ago. Awful faded but still a nice piece!

As for finding stuff, I found a Chris Miller signed logo ball at a thrift shop for $2. I figured at that price I better get it. Turns out it he was a relief pitcher early in the decade for the team on the logo.