Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show Price Opinions

SCF Rewards
    Country

Show Price Opinions

I'm planning on heading up to Cooperstown for 1-2 days this week/weekend. I'm going through the roster sheets of guys signing that I may be interested in. I'm just curious what you guys think of these prices- whose a steal? whose ridiculous?

All prices include an inscription.

Orlando Cepeda- $40
    Juan Marichal- $40
    Harmon Killebrew- $80

Frank Robinson- $110
    Billy Williams- $69
    Bruce Sutter- $54
    Jim Palmer- $49
    Rollie Fingers- $40
    Gaylord Perry- $30
    Fergie Jenkins- $30
    Bob Feller- $35

Goose Gossage- $50
    Yogi Berra- $75(no inscriptions)
    Luis Aparicio- $60
    Mike Schmidt- $95
    Reggie Jackson- $109
    Rod Carew- $105
    Lou Brock- $104

Again just let it fly whatever comes to your mind when you look at these. A bunch of these are guys I'd love to have but $104 for Brock in my mind is way to much that said I'm open to thoughts.
    Last edited by Sawks14; 07-22-2010 at 10:14 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cepeda, Jenkins, Marichal, Killebrew, Feller, and Perry seem to be pretty decent in my mind. Jenkins and Perry are even with their ttm rates, Marichal/Cepeda don't ttm so idk, Killebrew's $50 sig fee is cheaper then he is ttm- the $30 script fee is stiff, and I'd love to meet Feller and ensure I get the HOF script on my HOF book.
    Last edited by Sawks14; 07-20-2010 at 11:18 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

schmidt can be obtained for cheaper, if its a flat or ball:
    http://www.mab-celebrity.com/c-1383-...w-123-510.aspx

i even got him on a bat at a private last year for $75.

that cooperstown rate is pretty high imo

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just remember you are paying for the experience to actually see the HOF member and know it is a real signature.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr007man's Items on eBay

I'm planning on heading up to Cooperstown for 1-2 days this week/weekend. I'm going through the roster sheets of guys signing that I may be interested in. I'm just curious what you guys think of these prices- whose a steal? whose ridiculous?

All prices include an inscription.

Orlando Cepeda- $40
    Juan Marichal- $50
    Harmon Killebrew- $80
    Frank Robinson- $110
    Billy Williams- $69
    Bruce Sutter- $54
    Jim Palmer- $49
    Rollie Fingers- $40
    Gaylord Perry- $30
    Fergie Jenkins- $30
    Bob Feller- $35
    Goose Gossage- $50
    Yogi Berra- $75(no inscriptions)
    Luis Aparicio- $60
    Mike Schmidt- $95
    Reggie Jackson- $109
    Rod Carew- $105
    Lou Brock- $104

Again just let it fly whatever comes to your mind when you look at these. A bunch of these are guys I'd love to have but $104 for Brock in my mind is way to much that said I'm open to thoughts.

Well, if you're trying to get sigs, I'd go with the guys you're not going to get TTM or via their website. I'd definitely get Bob Gibson, Aparicio, Schmidt and RObinson.

If you're going to say that you met the player, I'd love to meet Feller, Berra, Jackson and Killebrew.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, if you're trying to get sigs, I'd go with the guys you're not going to get TTM or via their website. I'd definitely get Bob Gibson, Aparicio, Schmidt and RObinson.

If you're going to say that you met the player, I'd love to meet Feller, Berra, Jackson and Killebrew.

I've been on the fence about ttming this book for so long I'm 99% committed to not sending it out. I had it signed by Feller(no script and in an odd spot), Irvin, MacPhail, and Roberts when I sent it out to Mr. Doerr. During that time Mr. Roberts passed away and I was nervous as hell as long as it was out with Doerr. After that I ttmed it to Ford and again didn't enjoy knowing that piece was relying on the USPS.

I've pretty much locked in Jenkins, Perry, Cepeda, Killebrew, Feller, and Marichal. I'm on the fence with who else I want.

Right now I'm between.....

1) Reggie Jackson with a HOF inscription
    2) Frank Robinson with a HOF inscription
    3) Two of Rollie Fingers, Billy Williams, Bruce Sutter, Luis Aparicio, Earl Weaver and Goose Gossage with HOF inscriptions
    4) Johnny Bench plus Fingers with HOF inscriptions
    5) Yogi Berra plus Fingers with HOF inscription for Fingers, Berra isn't inscribing anywhere in Cooperstown.

I'm leaning towards Reggie Jackson.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspoe093's Items on eBay

I would go Reggie Jackson-man is very tough to get

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would go Reggie Jackson-man is very tough to get

Yeah plus while his $109 fee is high compared to $30-50 for most of the other guys(with an inscription) it's less than the $124+ he wants from his "44 Store" online and it'll be in my book.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think anything over $40 is greedy and ridiculous. But if you really want or need the signature for a collection, I suppose it's worth it to the collector that has the money. But like indyreds said, it's an opportunity to meet the player, and see your item signed with your own eyes. But, wow, what kind of jerk charges $100 for his signature?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think anything over $40 is greedy and ridiculous. But if you really want or need the signature for a collection, I suppose it's worth it to the collector that has the money. But like indyreds said, it's an opportunity to meet the player, and see your item signed with your own eyes. But, wow, what kind of jerk charges $100 for his signature?

IDK if they're "jerks" for charging that much but yeah a lot of the guys charge huge numbers. I'm mostly interested in the cheaper guys plus all of my numbers include the inscription rate.

Jenkins= $30-40
    Cepeda= $35-45
    Marichal= $50
    Feller= $35
    Perry= $30-40

They're not bad. There are some others there that you can get a sig and inscription for under $60(Anderson, Palmer, Sutter, Weaver, Fingers, Gossage). I figure $30-50 a sig plus $10-20 for an inscription isn't too horrific. Especially for guys like Jenkins and Perry whose ttm fees are nearly identical. Killebrew is an auto I really want in my book and $50 for a sig is a decent price but $30 for the inscription is STIFF. I'd love Frank Robinson too but $75 for a sig and $35 for an inscription is just too much for a Frank graph IMO.

I still like Jackson but idk when I could get two guys for that much. If MAB hadn't canceled Palmer for Friday this would be a lot easier lol. Then again it'll be an awesome day in Cooperstown meeting half a dozen or more HOFers and sinking a ton of money into a really personal project. I'm just glad I got Whitey for $40 instead of his $100+ show fees....OUCH!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast