Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Andrew Ladd's Stanley Cup Party

By Andrew Farn aka MasonRaymond0320

July 18...A day that I was looking forward to for the past couple weeks. And when that day finally arrived, I was so excited! Why was I excited? Well, Andrew Ladd, left winger on the Stanley Cup champion team...the Chicago Blackhawks was bringing the Stanley Cup to his home town of Maple Ridge. It was about an hour away from where I live, but I didn't mind travelling all of the way down there. This was a once in a lifetime experience, and I was sure that I would not miss out. He was going to bring the Cup to his arena where he used to play hockey so this was extra special especially for him.
    After about an hour of driving, I finally arrived at the arena. I was nervous but excited. I had brought a base card, and a magazine for him to autograph. I wasn't sure if I would be able to get an autograph because about 2000 people were expected to turn out. When we got into the arena, we were seated in the bleachers. One hour later...Andrew Ladd had arrived with the Cup. The mayor, and Andrew made a speech, then we were to wait in line to either meet him or take a picture with the Cup. Groups of us waited on the outside of the rink (the rink was actually plastic instead of ice being there). It felt like forever before I could actually get onto the rink, and stand in line to meet him. 45 minutes later, I finally got to meet him! I was so thrilled. I got my magazine, and my card autographed, and he gave me an extra signed photo! That was great because the magazine auto hadn't turned out that well. It had turned out all faded, which was kind of too bad. But I was happy. That was my main goal of the day...to meet Andrew Ladd, and now that that had been accomplished, I could just relax.

This was definitely day that I will not forget an time soon!
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Adam Larsson, Mason Raymond and Matt Duchene

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Got this one up as well:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...ley-cup-party/

It's a bit short for the contest at just over 300 words, but I could incorporate it into the September issue of the SCF magazine if you like. :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Got this one up as well:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...ley-cup-party/

It's a bit short for the contest at just over 300 words, but I could incorporate it into the September issue of the SCF magazine if you like. :)

Thanks! I appreciate that. I didnt mean to write it for the contest. I meant to write it up just for fun.

:)

Thanks
    Andrew