Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Christmas Box Break-Contest Entry

Hmm…… My best box break was on Christmas Day in 2009. I only got three presents that day, but one of them was a 2007 SP Legendary cuts hobby box. After I opened my nerf guns I decided to open the legendary cuts box. As most of you know this box comes with twelve packs with four cards per pack. You can find ON AVERAGE two signatures. I ripped open the box, and started opening the packs. The number one reason I wanted this hobby box was, because I liked the base cards. After I opened the seventh pack I started to get a little worried that I wouldn’t get my signature. The only memorabilia I had gotten, at the time, was a Bill Mazeroski jersey card. No worries though, I got my signature in the following pack.

When I began unwrapping the eighth pack of the box I knew I got a signature. I could feel and see the thick card in the pack. I got the base card that was previous to the autograph, and I began sliding the card sideways of the signature. The first thing I saw was it was numbered out of 100. The second thing I saw that the ballplayer’s first name was Joe. I was beginning to think that I was about to get a signature from the ‘Yankee Clipper’ himself, but that never happened. I revealed the card to my family only to find out the player’s name was Joe Sewell. I didn’t know who the guy was, but I was just happy that I got an autograph. The rest of the packs were just all base cards. I even got a Warren G. Harding (our 29th president) insert card numbered to 550. I wasn’t too thrilled about the auto just because I didn’t know who the guy was, but I was happy that I got a signature. It was actually the first signature or autograph I had ever gotten.

After we were finished opening our presents I went to my room to go on the computer to check who in the world this guy is!! When the page finally loaded I began reading his article. He played with the Yankees and Indians for 13 years; he won a World Series with each team, and he holds the record for the fewest strikeouts in a season, three. I was amazed at what this guy did throughout his career. Not to bad of a pull. Later on in the article I saw that he was in the Hall of Fame.
    Although the card was worth $80 I still wasn’t satisfied with the card. Later on I traded him with the Bill Mazeroski card at my neighborhood sports shop Jersey’s Cards and Comics for a Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa dual bat card. Although he was a good player, and holds a record in the Major Leagues nobody knew who this guy was. Needless to say it probably was the best hobby box break I’ve ever opened.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay