Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country

An unexpected encounter- CONTEST ENTRY

I remember this day so clearly.
    So one day last year at the end of July, my family and I decided to go to the Baltimore Ravens training camp. Well we were going to leave at around 5 o'clock am, but we found our cars tire had a nail in it and was flat (we still don't know to this day how it happened).
    Well maybe it was a blessing.
    So my dad, my brother, and I were changing a tire at 5:30 in the morning, in the high humidity. So we changed it in about 30 minutes, but my mom decided to go up and get a new tire, and air in them all.
    At this point when she came back, it was about 10:00 am, and we were about to leave for training camp after deciding to go. So we got lunch on the way down, and started driving. It was a somewhat fun ride, especially with them building a cool highway that twists over each other, in a certain way. So, around 1:30 pm, we decided to stop at a target near Mcdaniel college(where practices are held) to stretch and maybe get something. So, we went in, and we found ravens jerseys for only $20.00. We knew it was a great price and I got a Flacco, and my brother got a Ed Reed.
    So we checked out and started driving to the college. We arrived around 2:00 pm. We heard about a tornado warning 2 miles away, and we were going to turn around, but we went anyways. It was pouring rain, and they said practice was cancelled. Us being disappointed, and my dad not going and him worrying about us in that weather, said to go check into a hotel and stay the night. Well, that rain was a huge blessing. It stopped around a half hour later, despite reports saying it will pour the rest of the day. So, the rain stopped, even though it was wet and muggy, the ravens called practice for the ones who stayed and stuck out the storm(us and a few others). They went to one field, and it was too wet, and they were going to another field on campus. A nice lady who worked for the Ravens told us that they were going to the different field and how to get there. Well, we got there as the players were walking down. They all slapped our hands, and said hi. Me being a big Joe Flacco fan, I saw him walking down, talking to Ray Rice. So, me being stunned that I was seeing him in person, I go Ja-Ja Joe Fl-Fl-Flacco. He goes, "whats up man?" and shook my hand, needless to say, I almost fell down that hill do to shock.
    So they practiced, and they were almost over, and the nice lady that told us where to go, helped us out again, telling us to go to where the players sign while they are leaving. Well, it was packed. Some scrub O-line player stole my pen, and I was mad, and he also than said it was his. Well, I saw Flacco walking up. Every single person there was stomping the ground, and shouting "FLACCO!FLACCO!FLACCO!" Man, I was happy to see him again. Ignorant adults that were there basically shoved me out of the way. So, I didn't get Flacco. Until he was done signing, I was obviously sad. Well, that nice lady from the Ravens again, helped me out, told me to give her the jersey, and I did, she went up to him and got Flacco to sign it. Well, he did. I was so happy, I didnt know what to do. She really helped me out. I got other auto, including Ray Rice, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata, John Harbaugh, and others. But I will never forget me getting Flaccos auto from that lady. So, on the way back, we stopped at Ruby Tuesday Diner, and it was very good. I told our waiter about Flacco, and he said "Man, that is so sick, I'll check with my manager to see if we need it to hang up", since the restaurant had memorobilia of the local teams, but i laughed, and said "Its not for sale man, haha."
    But man, I will never ever forget that day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardcollector1972's Items on eBay

That sounded like an awesome experience. Thanks for telling your story.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Country

Thank you stewartrulz, it certainly was!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See saketm's Items on eBay

Love the story, thanks for sharing..

Country

Thanks, i should be going to ravens camp again soon. So, i may have another story.