Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nolan Ryan

SCF Rewards
    Country

maybe ill give it a shot before i do the card. what size is the picture?

SCF Rewards
    Country

just read on fanmail.biz, 2 folks did the same thing you did lizard, this month & got the same card back.. might be worth a shot..

SCF Rewards
    Country

You betcha! The first thing I did when I got it was look at the picture sideways to see the difference of the ink against the picture. If you read the letter, he is also telling you that he "hopes you enjoy the autograph for years to come." Now again, that was over a year ago so I don't know what he is doing now...

but i've always heard that it is an autopen signature. plus it looks very similar to two other pictures of the same card signed on google.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See www_sportscollectors_net's Items on eBay

Pay the fee and you'll get a real signature. Otherwise you are most likely getting an autopen/preprint.
    Hidden Content - Largest autograph community - over 30,000 members and 800,000 successes by mail. We average over 300 new successes reported each day.
    Hidden Content - 100% FREE Real Time Sports Card Price Guide, Comparison Shopping, Deal Finder & Collector Tools
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

Pay the fee and you'll get a real signature. Otherwise you are most likely getting an autopen/preprint.

Agreed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just have to share this with everyone in this post. I sent a 2010 UD of the Ballpark at Arlington to Mr Ryan and got the same card that lizard-jd got. If you look at the signature it is spot on the same but its in blue ink and lizard-jd's is in black, plus the signature is in a different spot on the picture. I have seen others on other websites and all the signatures are spot on perfect match but always placed in a different spot on the card. Is this possible to do with an autopen? I thought maybe it was a stamp but it doesn't look like one. My feeling is its real (at least I'm hoping). Also I just got this back today, Aug 30th, so he is still sending these if anyone is interested. Here is the goods:
    Last edited by BigRedMachine; 02-22-2011 at 05:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hate to tell you guys, but the Rangers Photo he sends out is an autopen. You can tell by the beginning and ends of the signature as they have dots, where as when it is hand signed it looks completely different. To get the real thing, pay the charity I believe he signs those 4 times a year (every 3 months or so)

SCF Rewards
    Country

i just got my return back today from Mr Ryan, same picture as BigRedMachine & Lizard got back & mine is %100 auto pen. Like the other posters said, you want a real one, pay the $35 for it.

Last edited by Riggs; 08-30-2010 at 10:59 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not disappointed, that's why I like this forum I always get the best advice and information here. I plan on getting the real thing some day, I had a HOF ROMLB collection I've been working for a while and when I get around to getting Mr. Ryan I'll get the real one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12