Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Has anyone made a profit on cards.

I have lost money left and right on this hobby. Has anyone actually been able to make money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See realreodeal's Items on eBay

That is a pretty broad question. Also, are you only looking to make money or are you collecting because you like cards?

If you are in this only for profit then you chose wrong. However if you truly enjoy the hobby then you almost can't lose.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (20)
    Country

If I wouldn't have wasted as much money on boxes/cases I might be almost even on cards. LOL

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

To be honest I have made decent money, not to get rich but just enough to get more cards lol. Daniel

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would only make profit when I sell all of my stuff individually and listing at the right time. It will take almost like half year to sell them.

Otherwise, if i just sell as a lot, pretty sure I will not break even.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have made tons of money in this hobby. Just gotta know how the sports market works. Basically every card I own was funded from the profits by selling cards. So pretty much everything was free.
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See case_breaker_combine_shipping's Items on eBay

To me collecting/selling cards is like the stock market, buy low sell high.
    I bought a few Darren Collison & Stephen Curry Exquisite RC AUTOs early on for dirt cheap and sold them for 500% more than I paid.
    I buy cards I know will atleast hold value eg. Jordan vs. Blake Griffin

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've made plenty of coin over the years - but I also haven't purchased a box or pack of cards in over a decade - as those are sure fire ways to consistently lose your money. Singles, Singles, Singles...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've made plenty of coin over the years - but I also haven't purchased a box or pack of cards in over a decade - as those are sure fire ways to consistently lose your money. Singles, Singles, Singles...

That is the smart thing to do,although if nobody buys packs or boxes there will be no singles to buy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is the smart thing to do,although if nobody buys packs or boxes there will be no singles to buy.

True - but that is what wholesale dealers are for - they can make cash by breaking that quantity of product. The general collector is always going to lose money by going the box/pack route.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast