Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Sandy Koufax

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberer View Post
    i cant voice enough my frustration with people hoarding the address. It takes a horrible human being to use a community for help and then to knowingly and willingly screw over said community by not sharing in return. You already got him, so stop being a greedy as$hole and trying to get him 50 times and just share the address.


    Just read this as it was linked through another Koufax request. People ask why I have slashes my participation on the forum and ttmm and this is why.

    I worked my off to try and get a decent Koufax lead. I got real creative with it and it worked out for me. I have shared numerous addresses and tricks with people who ask. I have only "hoarded" 3 things:

    1) Mike Schmidt c/o HOF to get HOF PCs signed. Has since gone to a ghostsigner this route so feel free to try it.
    2) Ernie Banks new address. He was kind enough to give me inscriptions and a bonus card signed and personalized to me. He mailed it back in his own envelope with a different addy on it. I still haven't seen this addy anywhere else and am not going to give it out all over the place so he gets spammed.
    3) How exactly I went about getting Koufax to sign a HOF PC for me. Again, the guy did me a solid I haven't seen others get. I do not want to see him get spammed.

    3 things over the course of 2+ years and a boatload of successes. All because they did me the solid of signing my items when they RTSed dozens more. I don't think thats obscene. In fact I've given all of the above info to 3-4 people via PM that helped me with info here and there. To broadcast that stuff though I know would lead to mass mailings and screw over a great guy(Banks and/or Koufax).

    Nobody appreciates the help sites like this provide more than I but theres respecting the athletes too. Again, I don't think 3 instances is outrageous.

  2. #22
    I feel That if you get a success that you don't want to share the address with us then dont post it on the site. All it does is rub it in to others that you got a success from them and don't want to help out other people.

  3. #23

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawks14 View Post


    Just read this as it was linked through another Koufax request. People ask why I have slashes my participation on the forum and ttmm and this is why.

    I worked my ™™™ off to try and get a decent Koufax lead. I got real creative with it and it worked out for me. I have shared numerous addresses and tricks with people who ask. I have only "hoarded" 3 things:

    1) Mike Schmidt c/o HOF to get HOF PCs signed. Has since gone to a ghostsigner this route so feel free to try it.
    2) Ernie Banks new address. He was kind enough to give me inscriptions and a bonus card signed and personalized to me. He mailed it back in his own envelope with a different addy on it. I still haven't seen this addy anywhere else and am not going to give it out all over the place so he gets spammed.
    3) How exactly I went about getting Koufax to sign a HOF PC for me. Again, the guy did me a solid I haven't seen others get. I do not want to see him get spammed.

    3 things over the course of 2+ years and a boatload of successes. All because they did me the solid of signing my items when they RTSed dozens more. I don't think thats obscene. In fact I've given all of the above info to 3-4 people via PM that helped me with info here and there. To broadcast that stuff though I know would lead to mass mailings and screw over a great guy(Banks and/or Koufax).

    Nobody appreciates the help sites like this provide more than I but theres respecting the athletes too. Again, I don't think 3 instances is outrageous.
    You don't want the athletes to get spammed? Is that why you are mailing stuff to them? Basically what you are saying is, "It's ok for me to send things to athletes and bother them, but I don't think it is ok for other people to bother them with mail."

    I know what you are saying makes sense in your head, but you have rationalized it to yourself. Your reasons for not sharing don't hold any water. I'd rater you have said, "I worked my butt off for the addresses and I'm not just going to give them up for nothing." I know I worked my butt off to learn everything I did about in person graphing and I'm not going to share some secrets. I'm not going to tell people, "I don't want to tell you the hotel I go to because the players need their privacy so only I should go." though. I'm going to say, "No one gave me this info, I worked hard to figure it out and I have a good thing going. Best of luck figuring it out and maybe I'll see you there." Am I a jerk for that? Maybe. At least I didn't give some stupid response that only makes sense in my head.

    Sorry for the vent.
    Hidden Content
    Looking For MANNY RAMIREZ 1997 Donruss Signature Series Century Marks Auto (Blue background) Please let me know if you know where one is.

  5. #25
    This topic tends to pop up everytime a "scare and/or impossible never obtained" TTM success is posted. I try to respect everyones opinion but I totally agree with vikesfan40 and deadhorse. Why rub in a TTM success if you can't share how/where you got it? You're better off just saying you bought it from Steiner! Be happy you got it and just move on and keep posting the Doerr, Face, Bednarik, etc. successes...

  6. #26
    Anyone else find it funny when someone posts ROMLB.. Would u care if someone signed a little league ball vs. a MLB ball. Kinda of sad if u asked me. I TTM/IP in the late 80's and got Musial, Koufax, drysdale, killebrew, Joe DiMaggio all thru the mail. I also remember when HOFs signed FREE at the Otsega Hotel every induction weekend. U have no one to blame but yourselfs for the state of this hobby. U all ruined it..an autograph should be a remembrance for you. For that athlete shared his/her time with you. It brings u closer to the game, a conversationalist piece. What does someone do with three ROMLB balls. It's a joke. Like Willy Wonka said..."one is enough for everyone.". He should not have to "share" any address. It is his right to respect the privacy if Mr. Koufax. If he posts it, the floodgates open. U write about Bobby Doerr. Him and Johnny pesky are two of the nicest players I have ever met. It should be an honor for him to share his time with any Of u guys at his given age. I think it's horrible that someone would make light of a success from him. U all should evaluate why u collect. Hopefully it's not to BRAG on boards like this about a rare success.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jyosi View Post
    You don't want the athletes to get spammed? Is that why you are mailing stuff to them? Basically what you are saying is, "It's ok for me to send things to athletes and bother them, but I don't think it is ok for other people to bother them with mail."

    I know what you are saying makes sense in your head, but you have rationalized it to yourself. Your reasons for not sharing don't hold any water. I'd rater you have said, "I worked my butt off for the addresses and I'm not just going to give them up for nothing." I know I worked my butt off to learn everything I did about in person graphing and I'm not going to share some secrets. I'm not going to tell people, "I don't want to tell you the hotel I go to because the players need their privacy so only I should go." though. I'm going to say, "No one gave me this info, I worked hard to figure it out and I have a good thing going. Best of luck figuring it out and maybe I'll see you there." Am I a jerk for that? Maybe. At least I didn't give some stupid response that only makes sense in my head.

    Sorry for the vent.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990score View Post
    Anyone else find it funny when someone posts ROMLB.. Would u care if someone signed a little league ball vs. a MLB ball. Kinda of sad if u asked me. I TTM/IP in the late 80's and got Musial, Koufax, drysdale, killebrew, Joe DiMaggio all thru the mail. I also remember when HOFs signed FREE at the Otsega Hotel every induction weekend. U have no one to blame but yourselfs for the state of this hobby. U all ruined it..an autograph should be a remembrance for you. For that athlete shared his/her time with you. It brings u closer to the game, a conversationalist piece. What does someone do with three ROMLB balls. It's a joke. Like Willy Wonka said..."one is enough for everyone.". He should not have to "share" any address. It is his right to respect the privacy if Mr. Koufax. If he posts it, the floodgates open. U write about Bobby Doerr. Him and Johnny pesky are two of the nicest players I have ever met. It should be an honor for him to share his time with any Of u guys at his given age. I think it's horrible that someone would make light of a success from him. U all should evaluate why u collect. Hopefully it's not to BRAG on boards like this about a rare success.

    +1 and +1

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberer View Post
    i cant voice enough my frustration with people hoarding the address. It takes a horrible human being to use a community for help and then to knowingly and willingly screw over said community by not sharing in return. You already got him, so stop being a greedy as$hole and trying to get him 50 times and just share the address.
    Cyberer,

    All I will say is this. You and I are in the same profession in the same city. I am about 10 years older than you so you figure out where i am going with this. According to your posts, you are in medical school. You are going to be a physician. Man up and act like a decent person and someone who deserves respect in your community and in your profession. As an attending in your area, you might just be crossing my path one day....

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990score View Post
    Anyone else find it funny when someone posts ROMLB.. Would u care if someone signed a little league ball vs. a MLB ball. <---Yes, I don't want the autograph to disappear after a year Kinda of sad if u asked me. I TTM/IP in the late 80's and got Musial, Koufax, drysdale, killebrew, Joe DiMaggio all thru the mail. <---Cool! I also remember when HOFs signed FREE at the Otsega Hotel every induction weekend. U have no one to blame but yourselfs for the state of this hobby. U all ruined it<---sorry? ..an autograph should be a remembrance for you. <---who says its not? For that athlete shared his/her time with you. It brings u closer to the game, a conversationalist piece. What does someone do with three ROMLB balls.<---trade/sell, which isn't really all that bad. If the player idn't want to sign 3, he wouldn't have. a joke. Like Willy Wonka said..."one is enough for everyone.". He should not have to "share" any address. It is his right to respect the privacy if Mr. Koufax. If he posts it, the floodgates open. <---the floodgates for a guy like Koufax are always open, he's always getting mail U write about Bobby Doerr. Him and Johnny pesky are two of the nicest players I have ever met. It should be an honor for him to share his time with any Of u guys at his given age. <---who says it isn't? I think it's horrible that someone would make light of a success from him. <---really? examples please! U all should evaluate why u collect. Hopefully it's not to BRAG on boards like this about a rare success.<---We brag, check out the success section!
    Gonna break this down! To me, you just sound bitter about having to pay for some autographs these days, which seems irrelevant.


    Quote Originally Posted by vikesfan40 View Post
    I feel That if you get a success that you don't want to share the address with us then dont post it on the site. All it does is rub it in to others that you got a success from them and don't want to help out other people.
    Tend to agree here, if you get a success from a "secret" address, you're better off not posting about it, or else you will get people complaining about not sharing.

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisborene View Post
    if anyone can spill the beans on this one, me and thousands of baseball fans would want this address for sure, especially us big dodger fans
    Thousands of more letters, that's just what Mr. Koufax needs! If that happened, you can bet he'd keep RTSing them!



    Quote Originally Posted by cyberer View Post
    i cant voice enough my frustration with people hoarding the address. It takes a horrible human being to use a community for help and then to knowingly and willingly screw over said community by not sharing in return. You already got him, so stop being a greedy as$hole and trying to get him 50 times and just share the address.
    Not everything in this hobby will be given to you. I know from your previous inquirues you've gotten info from people, but don't expect most to do a bunch of research and then just give it to you. That's pretty much the hobby today, secrecy about events and tricks. Less competetition, better chances of an autograph. At least thats what they want to think...
    Last edited by TTMcardMaster; 09-01-2011 at 11:01 PM.

  10. #30
    This post is cracking me up!

    FYI- those HOFers signed great but DiMaggio used a secretary and Ted Williams a stamp and Cyberer- no ones holding out he's just that hard TTM- I did happen to get him a few times when I just started collecting!

    Also, I see this getting ugly so in turn, this thread is being closed!
    Last edited by SMVintage; 09-01-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Currently Collecting Cards of Auburn Alumni in ALL Sports, preferably in their College Uniforms!

    Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •