Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sandy Koufax

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will say this:

Years ago, probably in like 2005, my cousin (who was then a college pitcher) needed to get tommy john surgery. He was distraught and unsure of whether to continue his pitching career. Growing up his idol was Sandy Koufax. He wrote him a long letter saying what a fan he was, describing the situation he was in and asking for advice.

A week later he got a phone call at his house from Sandy Koufax. I'm not sure he ever got an autograph out of it, but I know he was amazed and grateful and will remember it for the rest of his life.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I Just got a RTS using this address

160 Amy Ann Lane
    Vero Beach, FL 32963

anyone comes accross this one like i did on-line, dont waste your stamps.

SCF Rewards
    Country

mailed a ROMLB to the BAT address, along with a $100 donation, maybe it works, will update if so

yeah hopefully they dont keep the money and no auto

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah hopefully they dont keep the money and no auto

yea thats a bit much for an addy thats not really tested & guarenteed to get to the right people.. good luck..

SCF Rewards
    Country

A week later he got a phone call at his house from Sandy Koufax.

That's incredible. Did he keep pitching?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unfortunately he was in the minority of patients whose tommy john surgery fails, and rather than get another surgery and rehab again he elected to hang up the cleats.

It's a shame too because he was a 6'4" lefty that could throw 90+...

SCF Rewards
    Country

i cant voice enough my frustration with people hoarding the address. It takes a horrible human being to use a community for help and then to knowingly and willingly screw over said community by not sharing in return. You already got him, so stop being a greedy as$hole and trying to get him 50 times and just share the address.

I think your comment is a bit harsh. I'm actually one of those horrible human beings that have been lucky to get Koufax TTM. I've sent to him only one time to an addy I found on the internet. The reason I didn't share the addy...HE asked me not to! I think his privacy is worth considering.

I am very greatful for this website and others like it. I benefit from it and I try to help/add to it as well. There may be people out there that are greedy and only trying to help themselves, but not everyone is. This site is full of good and helpful people. Anybody that has PM me about the Koufax address I've tried to help as best as I feel I can. Please watch who you are calling out...there may be other reasons to consider.
    Last edited by gysot; 11-08-2010 at 02:43 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well obviously my statement was made not knowing the circumstances, but I wouldn't be surprised if others on here are hoarding addresses for the reasons I gave, and that is meant to call THEM out. Because of your reason (which I respect) my callout was not directed at you by intent, even if it was worded as such.

That being said I would appreciate any help you can give me, as he's one of my all-time faves, especially after as I said he treated my cousin very well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See chaskew9's Items on eBay

Ive tried every address possible, from Meiselman book to internet searching and no luck so far :/ I feel like a stalker at this point lol
    My Bucket: Trade/Sell
    Hidden Content

Looking for Atlanta Braves Autos an Bobbleheads

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Over the years I have tried 3 different addresses for Sandy Koufax with all but one being an RTS (the other is a no response!). The addys that I tried are the ones already listed in this thread, including the Dodgers. The funny part is that I met this guy at ST this year at the St. Louis Cardinals area in Jupiter and he had 3 signed ROMLBs by Koufax that he got that morning. He got them all IP at the Mets ballpark in St. Lucie when Koufax came by. And yes, he said he signed all three while he stood there. Dude, at this point, I would say it's the luck of the draw and just be happy if you can snag one some day...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast