Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 863_Slice's Items on eBay

PSA/DNA Authentification is confusing me

So i want to get a baseball authenticated and im looking at the submission form and im really confused. Has anyone else went through this? Am i making this out to be more difficult than it really is?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

Arent they the ones that charge different prices for different players ? I think that is the biggest crock of crap, it should be a flat fee to have a ball authenticated no matter what the sig is on it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Arent they the ones that charge different prices for different players ? I think that is the biggest crock of crap, it should be a flat fee to have a ball authenticated no matter what the sig is on it.

Well not so much.
    Think about it, it'll be harder for someone to authenticate say a Lou Gehrig or Mickey Mantle as apposed to a Jose Reyes or Bubba Crosby.
    You put a lot more work into the first two because not only are they rarer, but also more often faked.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

The biggest crop of crap isn't the fact that they charge different prices. It is that they even exist.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The biggest crop of crap isn't the fact that they charge different prices. It is that they even exist.

explain that?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 863_Slice's Items on eBay

i second that

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

I still boggles my mind how people trust these third party authenticators. I've seen people sign a forgery to an index card as a test, send it to PSA, and get it back authenticated. I also know a person who sent in 6 Mantle balls at the same time to get authenticated. He got all of them signed at a show in the 70s or 80s, and they didn't pass. PSA's reason for not authenticating the balls, no one could have 6 Mantle balls. Unless you know when and where the item got signed anything else is a crock of crap. I'll say that I believe PSA is tying to do a service, but what they give is far short of a guarantee that the items they approve are real. What you get is simply a statement that somebody credible thinks your signature is authentic. I hate when people put PSA in the same category as UDA, Steiner, and even smaller companies like Just Minors.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lumber_jack_bat_co's Items on eBay

I'll third that!!!

I use to work for Nike as a Loss Prevention Agent and I got to hang out with the Players when they came to Nike Town Denver to make sure they weren't hassled while they shopped.

In 2002, The Cardinals were one of the 1st teams in. I got to hang with Pujols for about 3-4 hours while he shopped. After he was done, I took lunch, went across the street to the Rockies dugout store and bought a ball and he signed it for me outside the store before he left:

I sent it along with an A-Rod my buddy had gotten for me ( I had no doubt it was good ) to PSA/DNA. BOTH balls came back 'unable to deterine' for the EXACT SAME REASONS! (Form Letters!) Except the Pujols had an extra note about the ROY inscription basically stating sine THEY had never seen one, they could not talk about whether it was legitimate or not. In other words, if you send them a signature that THEY themselves have never gotten or seen, they will NOT certify it!

They are con artists at best.

My .02

- Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lumber_jack_bat_co's Items on eBay

And an FYI for those of you who aren't familiar with Albert's early sig, here is the sig from my GU 2001 Pujols hat:

You can compare it to my ball.

- Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would call PSA's customer service number and have them walk you through the submission form. It is a bit confusing the first time, but they have great customer service. I don't get all the PSA hate, they provide a great service for the hobby. If there weren't so many shady people selling fake autos, we wouldn't need an authenticator like PSA or JSA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast