Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Arrow Set for baseball offseason to get signed???

I need something to do during the baseball offseason and I thought I would try to get a set of older cards signed TTM. I need some help from yall though...Which set from 80s-90s would be best or have the best success rate? I also want a set that would look neat signed.
    Thanks a bunch and all answers will be appreciated!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Pacific Legends was an awesome set to work on. There are some guys that are not easily gotten and a few players may have passed, but there are some great signers in that set. The cards have a very clean and basic design. They look great signed. The 1984 Donruss and Fleer sets look awesome autographed. Those matted cards that fleer put out around 1996 look great signed as well.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pacific Legends was an awesome set to work on. There are some guys that are not easily gotten and a few players may have passed, but there are some great signers in that set. The cards have a very clean and basic design. They look great signed. The 1984 Donruss and Fleer sets look awesome autographed. Those matted cards that fleer put out around 1996 look great signed as well.

I agree the Pacific Legends do look nice signed and have some really big names. I also like the Greats of the Game sets by Fleer. Most times I will use 87 & 89 Topps base cards, just because they are easy to find and they hold an autograph well. It mostly comes down to personal preference.

I'm not brave enough to try and take on a whole 700+ card set but good luck to you.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (46) Trader Retreat
    Country

I'm not brave enough to try and take on a whole 700+ card set but good luck to you.

I hear that!

Almost every set you will not be able to complete because of unexpected deaths (Darryl Kile, Cory Lidel, Ken Caminiti), reprinted cards (86 Topps had Turn Back The Clock) or deaths due to old age (Ernie Harwell, Tom Tresh, George Kell). Whichever you choose should be a challenge.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What Pacific Legends year would be best?

SCF Rewards
    Country

i have to agree with the pacific legends sets as well as the 1987 and 1989 tops as well as 1989 fleer all are clear pics and look great signed in blue or black sharpie!

SCF Rewards
    Country

What about one of the Topps Archives sets?