Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Make a Set Map

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

How To Make a Set Map

I've had a lot of requests about how to put together something like this:

So today I put together a little Word document, with pics even, to give people some help.

I'll note now that I do all my art in Paint. Yes, Paint. No Photoshop for this cowboy! LOL

If you would like a copy of the document, please send an email to [email protected] and I will get it sent to you.
    Last edited by RGM81; 09-24-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

Thanks - Once I get off my lazy ßutt, I will get all my ice scripts (all 5 years) in one of these Set Maps.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks alot. going to read your .doc now. i was probably one of the many people bugging you to figure this out hehe. thanks again

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I was definitely one of the inquiring minds, and I also extend my gratitude for making and posting this. I don't mind the way my PCs show up in Photobucket, but there is room for improvement. For example, you can't see in PB the cards that you're still chasing, the ones that would be "blank" in a set map. There is also the problem of having a card slip to the next page, so they don't necessarily show up where you would want them to anyhow. I think these set maps are terrific. Looking forward to the tedium of assembly! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I built a set map using Microsoft Frontpage (web design) software. I use the "IUnset Table" function, set the rows and columns and fill in the photos/text. Here is a link to my first.

http://lehighvalleyapwu.org/andy/arty.htm

You could probably do something similar in Mocrosoft Word using the "Build Table" functions, as Word is very similar to Frontpage.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I built a set map using Microsoft Frontpage (web design) software. I use the "IUnset Table" function, set the rows and columns and fill in the photos/text. Here is a link to my first.

http://lehighvalleyapwu.org/andy/arty.htm

You could probably do something similar in Mocrosoft Word using the "Build Table" functions, as Word is very similar to Frontpage.

in front page (wich is now called web expression) when you inserts the pictures do you have to resize them everytime? you do in word, thats why i havent bothered making one with word yet. takes too much time

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You do not have to resize your cards if you save them all as the same size when you scan them, or edit them. I scan my cards, then use MS Picture Editor to quickly crop, resize, and adjust colors / contrast.

If you do a little pre-planning and layout your table size (pixels), you can calculate each cell size. That will tell you what size to make your scans. In Photo Editor you can resize multiple pictures at the same time.

With this method, you won't get the cool background effects like the multi-team color borders that RMG81 gets in his maps, but this is a quick and easy way to get started.

I recently picked up Web Expression 3 but have not wrapped my head around it yet. It seems more complicated than Frontpage.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    See pensfan254858's Items on eBay

thanks for this thread, Rich. I'll hopefully find some time to experiment with this to see if I can use it for any of my player or set collections.
    Collecting: John Vanbiesbrouck (Panthers)
    Collecting: PC ITC Jumbo Mem (33/57)
    Collecting: ​Pinnacle, BAP, BTP Masks
    Collecting: Penguins Autographed pucks (Cup Years)
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

would someone please fill me in on how to do this, im a tad lost here, maybe via pm? Thanks a ton

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm not sure where the attachment disappeared to. Send PM with your email address and I can forward it to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast