Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ksa grading

ksa grading

I have a ksa 10 steve young 1986 rookie card that im thinking of getting crossed to bgs. Anyone have success crossing over ksa?
    Hi,
    Here is my bucket:
    Hidden Content

Everything is for sale unless its in the Sold/traded section

It will not be a 10 by BGS standards.

According to KSA standards a card can be 60/40 on the back and still get a 10. A card that is 60/40 on the back will get a 9 from BGS. I also doubt that KSA is as strict as BGS on other aspects like surface, corners and edges. BGS tore me up (7.5) on a Randy Moss RC because of a near microscopic scuff on the front.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

i know it wouldnt get a pristine but i think it has a shot at 9.5. The moss card, did you crack it out of the ksa holder?
    Hi,
    Here is my bucket:
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by howethegreat View Post
    i know it wouldnt get a pristine but i think it has a shot at 9.5. The moss card, did you crack it out of the ksa holder?
    I dont think he was saying the card was a ksa graded card, i think he was referring to how tough BGS's standards are.
    Oh and I really wouldn't but to much faith in getting a BGS 9.5 or 10 from a KSA or any other low tier grading company 10. Alot of those "companies" got most of their business for being extremely lax in their grading practices. Why else would a collector/dealer send in a card to a lower tier, unrespected grading company, when they could send it to one of the "big 3" that are respected and command a greater premier for their 10's? Because the seller knows the card isn't a 10 and most likely wont even get a 9. So they send it to an odd ball company that they know will be more than happy to toss it into a holder with a perfect 10 grade.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    I will NOT send paypal as a gift!!! I'd rather spend a few extra dollars to protect myself, than leave myself open to be scammed with NO recourse!!!

Of course if it is a Strassburg 1/1 Superfractor BGS will grade it at least a 9.5 no matter the condition. If it's not, well just keep on resubmitting it until you do get at least a 9.5. The more times you submit it, the greater your chances of getting a higher grade with BGS!
    "Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe" - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by OZTATAR View Post
    Of course if it is a Strassburg 1/1 Superfractor BGS will grade it at least a 9.5 no matter the condition. If it's not, well just keep on resubmitting it until you do get at least a 9.5. The more times you submit it, the greater your chances of getting a higher grade with BGS!

+1
    [Hidden Content ] I collect whatever tickles my fancy and I'm always lookin to trade for more :)
    If trading, don't talk to me about what they sell for. I don't care what they sell for unless I am selling them. I trade by BV only, sorry if you don't...
    If more than one person asks about a card...the first one to accept an offer gets it. I'm not going to tell other people to wait while you make up your mind.

isnt ksa like psa of canada?
    Hi,
    Here is my bucket:
    Hidden Content

No I think it could get a 9 maybe a 9.5 KSA is actually a legit grading company unlike GAI, BCCG etc. KSA is the main company of Canada and they are well known for their hockey card grading. They have just about as tough standards as PSA.

Quote Originally Posted by indycolts900 View Post
    No I think it could get a 9 maybe a 9.5 KSA is actually a legit grading company unlike GAI, BCCG etc. KSA is the main company of Canada and they are well known for their hockey card grading. They have just about as tough standards as PSA.
    Too bad the collecting universe does not recognize that. They should stick to hockey for that young won't draw even close to what and equally graded psa or bgs would.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast