Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Denard Robinson, Overrated?

Michigan's quarterback Denard Robinson is sure getting praise...for 2 good games, no doubt its hard to do what he's done, but the defense's he's played havent exactally proved to be impressive..

You have JA Adande calling him the heisman winner after TWO WEEKS, sorry Michigan fans, if your team wins 6-7 games, that'll be all, Robinson isn't winning the heisman and i believe he's being overrated, why do i call him overrated? because he's basically a runningback, he can run, but man oh man can that guy not throw well at all...

Just my opinion.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

I can't wait to watch him try and do anything productive against Ohio State. If he was so good, why didn't he start last season? Why did it take until the first day of the season this year to give him the starting job?
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos
    Johnson/Mears/Nadeau/Reutimann

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Michigan's quarterback Denard Robinson is sure getting praise...for 2 good games, no doubt its hard to do what he's done, but the defense's he's played havent exactally proved to be impressive..

You have JA Adande calling him the heisman winner after TWO WEEKS, sorry Michigan fans, if your team wins 6-7 games, that'll be all, Robinson isn't winning the heisman and i believe he's being overrated, why do i call him overrated? because he's basically a runningback, he can run, but man oh man can that guy not throw well at all...
    Just my opinion.
    This part makes me laugh.

First game: 19 for 22, 186 yards, 86%, 1 TD, 172.4 passer rating.
    Second game: 24 for 40, 244 yards, 60%, 1 TD, 119.5 passer rating.

What exactly about those stats shows that he cannot throw the ball well at all?

EDIT: I agree that calling him the Heisman winner after two games is incredibly ridiculous. But, calling him "overrated" after two games of amazing performance is equally as ridiculous.
    Last edited by rchurchward; 09-11-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

Just my opinion.
    Uhhhhh

Week 1 Vs. Uconn:
    19/22 186 yards 1 TD 0 INT

Week 2 Vs. Notre Dame:
    24/40 244 yards 1 TD 0 INT

Those seem like pretty good numbers for a guy who can't throw well.

I am a huge Notre Dame fan, so you can believe that I am not a Denard Robinson fan at all, but he has played incredibly well the past two weeks.

He is a game changer and can break a long touchdown run at any time, and since he is able to do that, it puts the defense on their toes and all he has to do is do is roll out and act like he is going to run, the safeties will bite and then he just floats it over their heads.

He is also only a Sophomore, and has a lot of playing time ahead of him. So he may not be a Heisman winner this year, but he has easily been the most important player for his team in these first two weeks.

Jason
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Looking for Mike Williams (Bucs WR), Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and other HOFer RBs
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rchurchward View Post
    This part makes me laugh.

First game: 19 for 22, 186 yards, 86%, 1 TD, 172.4 passer rating.
    Second game: 24 for 40, 244 yards, 60%, 1 TD, 119.5 passer rating.

What exactly about those stats shows that he cannot throw the ball well at all?

EDIT: I agree that calling him the Heisman winner after two games is incredibly ridiculous. But, calling him "overrated" after two games of amazing performance is equally as ridiculous.
    I'm glad I amuse you...
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

I'm glad I amuse you...
    Go Blue!
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!

Quote Originally Posted by rchurchward View Post
    Go Green!
    Absolutly..
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Absolutly..
    Gotta love the old "quote their post and edit to make it look like it goes my way" move. Good luck with that "mediocre" ND defense next week.

I don't even know where to begin..

1st off- I'm a DIE HARD Michigan fan, so quite frankly i'll tell you that these types of performaces won't be the "norm" for his season.

2nd- UConn returns 15 starters off a team that won 8 games last season and while not an immensely talented team they are very well coached and provided a fair test in Denard's 1st start and all he did was torch them for 383yds of total offense

3rd- ND is in a bit of a transitional state on offense and defense, they do however possess plenty of talent on defense, Ian Williams, Mant'i Teo and Darrin Walls are all quality players at there positions. Are they Alabama or Ohio State?Certainly not even close

That all said, I'm not sure how you can not give him his due, thru 2 games..

43/62 (69%) 430yds 2td 0int 57 rushes 455yds 7.9ypc 2td

The guy has not only proven to be a dynamic player, he has been efficient, in control of the offense and shown the ability to make timely plays.To me this sounds like a MSU homer just showing how little he knows about college football, end of story.

I'm sure if Kirk Cousins hangs 502yds of total offense on ND that'll be more impressive to you
    I USE DC ON EVERY DEAL I MAKE UNLESS IT'S AN AMAZINGLY SMALL TRADE, I EXPECT THE SAME FROM YOU IF YOU ARE TRADING WITH ME!!

Buying Topps Chrome variation rc's of the better qb and rb's of the last few years(must be in gradable condition) pm me if your selling
    Hidden Content

I am a MSU fan, so obviously I hate U of M, that being said after watching the game today, he is a runner first and a passer 2nd, but he is still a decent passer and a fantastic runner, he is a perfect fit for the offense they are using. I don't think anyone has GIVEN him the heisman, but after those 2 performances I can see why he is at least in the discussion.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast