Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Does USPS mangle your photos?

I finally got tired of getting my 9x12 folders with pictures bent by being shoved into my mailbox with 3-4 magazines on top of them. I went to the main center with my folders to show them. The folders were clearly marked with big letters of "PLEASE DO NOT BEND" on both sides and my extra paid postage for "1st Class RIGID mail". The USPS person said there is no reason for them doing that and made a copy of the folder and wrote a note about the wording, extra postage, etc for the Delivery Supv. I'm LOL because my wife said that now we will never get another "straight" piece of mail as long as we live at our address...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

My postman does the same thing. I'll pay the extra postage and slip in some cardboard, or send pics in a toploader, and he'll still bend them. The odd thing is my box in large enough to hold them without a problem.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

I made a point a while back to introduce myself to my mail carrier and explain that I get a lot of photos in the mail. I touch base with him if I see him on a weekend dropping mail in the box just to say thanks for the care he takes. I think its made a difference since the only trashed mail I get is when it's ruined in the processing centers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

I made a point a while back to introduce myself to my mail carrier and explain that I get a lot of photos in the mail. I touch base with him if I see him on a weekend dropping mail in the box just to say thanks for the care he takes. I think its made a difference since the only trashed mail I get is when it's ruined in the processing centers.

Brian,
    Unfortunately, in our area, the mail person seems to never be the same anymore. I had a great relation with the mail carrier we had but she quit to go back to college 6 months ago. She had been on our route for almost 3 years & I used to give her a nice X-Mas card with a $20 bill. Ever since she left, we have had different carriers every day. And like druce26, my mailbox is plenty big enough to slide the folders in without bending. I'll let everyone know if I see any improvements after my visit to the USPS Center...

SCF Rewards
    Country

My regular carrier is a total moron, she's slow and will shove all she can in the box. Sometimes we have this hot college aged chick doing it, and she always puts them in a bag hooked on the flag or sometimes even sticks them in the door or something. I don't do a lot of photos, and it's been a long time since I've bought any signed 8x10s from anywhere, but I have been sending out 8x10's recently, so we'll see what happens.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am the same as Brian in the fact that we always do nice things at Christmas and Easter for those who take care of us. At Christmas the Police Dept and Fire Department gets a cake from our family. At Easter they get a few loaves of homemade bread and sparkling Grape juice. Our trashman and post woman get Christmas cards and home made bake goods as well. It might seem strange, but it does make a difference in your service when you do something little even once or twice a year. Luckily we have not had a new postal person in years. Should we be outside when she arrives she will pull in our drive, hand deliver the mail and chat for a few minute. We have a very large post box and she never just crams it in. I might have had 3 or 4 total damaged envelopes in all the time I sent 8x10's. I never add the cardboard or protectors.
    Last edited by indyreds; 09-16-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: typo
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

I give my mailman a card as well. Unfortunately, he is on vacation half the year, and I've never seen the same replacement twice. It gives me piece of mind to add the cardboard and throw on an extra stamp, though, like I said, sometimes that doesn't work either.

SCF Rewards
    Country

USPS has done worse. Check out this out....and I am the one that got screwed...bah! https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1158119

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

I have had a few bent 8x10's since we lost our mailman to retirement. He was slow but my 8x10's were okay with him. Since he left there had been a few others and thats when the trouble started. My mail has been left at other houses and the neighbors bring it over. I know I lost a Quincy Carter /10 auto because it had DC but I never got it. Too bad PO does not send out an evaluation that we can fill out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See biggums7's Items on eBay

they steal mine, latley i've been getting stuff opened and the items been taken out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast