Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post One of the rarest NES games in the world just landed on eBay

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/23/g...usaolp00000589

The 1990 Nintendo World Championship toured the US with a custom game that asked players to beat levels from Super Mario Bros., Rad Racer and Tetris in less than seven minutes. Just 116 of these carts were produced, each one going to finalists and competition winners -- making it one of the rarest Nintendo titles ever made. Now, this not-so-gorgeous-looking copy, where some misguided fool decided that scrawling "Mario" in ballpoint was an adequate replacement for the torn label, is available on eBay. The starting price is $5,000, less than half of the $11,500 someone paid for one in 2011, but you'd better hurry up and sell those organs, as the auction's due to finish in less than 48 hours.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    I wish there was some background in the article of where the owner picked this up. I guess it reinforces that if I ever pick up a nintendo game with the label torn off I should still see what game it is. I guess the little chip on the side was a difference enough to make someone investigate past the hand written Mario label.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

So the current bid is 30,000 + right now. Wonder what it will end at.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengoblin782 View Post
    So the current bid is 30,000 + right now. Wonder what it will end at.
    It has been on Yahoo's homepage for awhile now so it might be reaching joke bid status if you go by the $11,500 high listed in the article. I doubt this non mint copy is worth that much but who knows.

One of these just was shown on Pawn STars
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ajcorleone View Post
    One of these just was shown on Pawn STars
    How much did they say it was worth?

I think 15 grand
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengoblin782 View Post
    How much did they say it was worth?
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

This is how I feel about this.

ended for 99,902.00. My guess is that's about 90,000 worth of fake bids.

I did find a gold cased version up. It has 7 days left and is at over 1000,000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo...item417bfe629a
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Cards View Post
    ended for 99,902.00. My guess is that's about 90,000 worth of fake bids.

I did find a gold cased version up. It has 7 days left and is at over 1000,000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo...item417bfe629a
    Yeah I don't think the gold one is a legit either....if it is I'm going to buy the regular one and some gold spray paint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast