Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Do commercials actually make you buy a product.

I was just wondering how often does a commercial alter your opinion on what you buy, I really haven't bought anything based on a commercial in a while. I mean if I am leaving my house to get something to eat and see a fast food commercial it might sway me to go there but other than that most commercials just seem like a waste of marketing money.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

All commercials do is fill my head with dumb slogans and goofy jingles. They have no actual sway over what I purchase.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

All commercials do is fill my head with dumb slogans and goofy jingles. They have no actual sway over what I purchase.

Same with me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gkcardtrader's Items on eBay

I bought a 2015 toyota tacoma last year, now they have an epic commercial for the 2016 tacoma. I would buy it if it wouldn't be such a waste. They completely redid the inside and out so every time I watch it's the pain of something so much better. On the positive side - I am not super materialistic with cars so 4 wheels that are reliable are perfect for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

My brother is a marketers favorite person. He bought a FitBit just because they were sponsors of the Amazing Race. I've bought things from commercials, too. I guess the biggest would be a 15 Ford Escape.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

They influence my 5 year old. He wanted to go to Wendys today just because he saw a frosty on tv and had to check it out... So to avoid a fight we went to Wendys. He can name logos of things that he has no idea what they do just because he sees them on tv.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Ads influence me in many ways. They may not make me run out right away and buy the product, but if it's something I need or want and didn't know about an ad could cause me to buy an item. They also help companies keep their brands fresh in our minds for times when we go out to make purchases.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

It really depends on the particular product, its costs and my needs at the time.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If anyone is old enough do y'all remember back in 1989 the commercial for pro set football cards? I was 14 back then loved the commercial and spent ever cent of my allowance on those cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

only thing i can think of would be food commercial. I havnt really bought anything else other than that based on commercials

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast