Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Email Advice

Country

Email Advice

Just found out that people actually do this and im a HUGE sports fan. So i got a couple easy questions. First of all i read alot of threads and all the stickies to find some information and i found some and some i didnt. So here is what i have.

- When emailing someone do you keep it short or tell them how much of a fan you are.

- how do you go about asking for something? just straight up like can i get a auto?

- How many actually email you back and how long does it usually take?

I plan on tracking down alot of former Minnesota (All sports) players since Minnesota sports is my passion.
    Any help is appreciated

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

The only one I ever did via email was Coach K. I think the email address was his agent or something so I kept the email short and basically said that I had heard of people receiving signatures by requesting them through this email and if there was a possibility I could have an autograph and included my address. Never got an email back, but I did get a signed photo in the mail.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I do type a fairly long note as to why I am an fan and wishing them luck. I would then ask if they would send you an autograph. Do not forget to include your mailing address in your signature. They do not all email you back, some do though! I have actually enjoyed playing email tag with a few lesser names players. Just remember to be nice and do not get upset, if you do not have luck. I would go to the University of Minnesota site and look for staff directory. You can usually get most college coaches to send you an autographed photo after requesting it through their administrative assistant. Best of luck!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just found out that people actually do this and im a HUGE sports fan. So i got a couple easy questions. First of all i read alot of threads and all the stickies to find some information and i found some and some i didnt. So here is what i have.

- When emailing someone do you keep it short or tell them how much of a fan you are.

I have found that the longer the email is the better chance you have of getting autos.

- how do you go about asking for something? just straight up like can i get a auto?

I ask them if they could take the time to send me an "autographed item"

- How many actually email you back and how long does it usually take?
    Not a lot. Don't be suprised if you never hear from the person, but like 4 months later you get something in the mail. Some reply some dont.

I plan on tracking down alot of former Minnesota (All sports) players since Minnesota sports is my passion.
    Any help is appreciated

Search Search Search.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I always put "Autograph Request" in the subject line so they know what it is right from the start. Try to keep the email short and to the point. Some don't take very long to sign. I have gotten some within just a few days. It is fun to collect these autos and it can get addicting.

Country
    See tjnshawna's Items on eBay

What do they usually send? I've done it through the mail with cards, never tried via email, lol

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have recieved all sorts of autographed things via email requests for an autograph. There are plenty of requests that equals nothing. A few have sent signed business cards. I have a couple signed index cards. The autographed photos seems to be the most common via email. A few coaches have signed programs and mailed them to me. There are few awesome autographed posters in my collection from email requests! I have an autographed music cd after an email requests. The coolest ever item I had gotten by email request, I spent some cash getting framed. It was an jersey from one of the best players ever in the NBA! Yeah it blew me away when I opened what I was hoping to be an bubblewrapped signed photo and was thrilled to see an jersey folded up in the envelope! It is hanging in my office where all my customers can see it from the front desk! I would caution you to save your time on anyone who sends you to studio fanmail as you will be getting an fake auto from them. Best of luck and have fun with your collection.
    Last edited by indyreds; 10-16-2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: caught horrible spelling error

SCF Rewards
    Country

You get alot from coaches but not alot of responses. Say you a huge fan and ask for an auto so you can display it in your room. It works alot for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@FirstPitchCards

Reviving an old thread.

I've recently gotten into this hobby, extremely addicting and not very time consuming which is great. I have send to about 25 coaches in NCAA basketball and football mostly. I have gotten a few responses back from the likes of Izzo, Brad Stevens, and a few others that they do not sign photos or any more except in person.

I try and keep the email to 2-3 paragraphs depending on who the person is and if I have followed them for quite awhile. I highlight why I'm a fan, what I admired about their coaching, and if there is a story about how my interest was sparked in their program/career. The last paragraph is typically formally asking them, based on their personal and coaching schedules, if they would send a signed and personalized photograph. (Those are the exact words of the last paragraph of my emails.) The subject line usually reads; "Greetings from a Fan - Fan Request for Coach ------."

I have received a few emails, but no items yet, hoping soon I'll have a couple to add to my collection.

My question, though, is if I wanted to send to college athletes (football/basketball players), where should I look to send the emails?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

i stick to a form unless i want to say somthing special

example

hello,i was wondering if so-and -so sends out autographed photos,id love to have one if possible

thanks

name
    street
    city,state
    zipcode