Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

Cool ENDED -- 2010 Beat the Streak contest - Win $3M

If you like money--heads up! The 2010 Major League Baseball season starts Sunday April 4th! And SCF will be celebrating the MLB season with a "SportsCardForum" group on mlb.com's 2010 Beat the Streak contest. It's your chance to win $3,000,000 (three million!) from mlb.com and these from SCF:

• 1st Place: 2009 Goudey Brandon Phillips Game-used Jersey card
    • 2nd Place: 200 cc
    • 3rd Place: 100 cc

You can sign up now for Beat the Streak on www.mlb.com, but it won't take predictions until Sunday April 4. Make sure you get an account on mlb.com if you don't have one already. PM to me your email address so that I can send you an invite to join the "SportsCardForum" group on mlb.com. If you were in last year's group for the Beat the Streak contest, you are still in the group--just log in same as last year. Show your baseball prediction skills all season long by predicting daily the name of any MLB player that you think will get a hit. Your official predictions can only be made on mlb.com--you can share your predictions in this thread all season long but only predictions made on mlb.com will count for this contest. The three SCF members with the longest string of correct hitting predictions at the end of the MLB regular season will win one of the prizes listed above. Members may join the contest at any time during the MLB season. mlb.com's rules on making predictions will be in effect here. Please read them--they will answer most of your questions. The How to Play section should also be read.

Bonus: Any participant who predicts correctly 20 consecutive MLB player-hits (a 20-hit streak) wins a 200 cc bonus. So put some major-league thought into those predictions...

Tiebreaker: If there is a tie for longest hitting streak, the winner shall be the contestant with the earliest posted streak.

Staff are eligible to play. Please post or PM any questions you may have so that we can clear up any confusion before the first MLB game. Good luck!!

SCF VIPs and Premium members can also join the 2010 VIP mlb.com Beat the Streak contest!

Blog Entries
    Country

Cool

I see that one of our group members is on big hitting streak in MLB.com's "Beat the Streak" contest. On mlb.com, he is mikeb1976. He has a 26-game hitting streak and it's still going on. According to mlb.com:
    Any eligible participant who achieves at least a 30-game hitting streak, as determined by MLBAM in its sole discretion, will win one (1) free subscription to MLB.TV for a one-month period, beginning on the first calendar day of the month following the achievement of the 30-game streak...

Here's what he can win if he gets to 35:
    Any eligible participant who achieves at least a 35-game hitting streak, as determined by MLBAM in its sole discretion, will win one (1) US$50 gift certificate to the MLB.com Shop.

Six people (none in the SCF group) have attained streaks of 35 or more and won a $50 gift certificate to the MLB.com Shop. The highest streak this year is 43. Can mikeb1976 surpass 43?

https://www.sportscardforum.com/imag...10/07/2757.jpg

Blog Entries
    Country

Wow, mikeb1976 now has a 31-game hitting streak!

Blog Entries
    Country

Cool

Follow mikeb1976's (SCF member MonticelloCards) Beat the Streak thread here. He's now up to #32!

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks to everyone who has been tremendous in support of this. SCF is such a great place, and it's been amazing to share this with everyone :) From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Blog Entries
    Country

Cool Winners!

SCF's 2010 Beat the Streak contest has officially ended. Here are the BTS standings:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/imag...10/10/1176.jpg

Congratulations to our winners! Here's what you've won:

1st Place: MonticelloCards (aka mikeb1976) wins the 2009 Goudey Brandon Phillips Game-used Jersey card. Mike also wins a 200 cc bonus for achieving a streak of 20 or more. Mike's 34-game streak is the longest known streak of any SCF member. In fact, Mike's streak was tied for the 13th-longest in the nation (longest streak was 43). Congratulations Mike!

2nd Place: pwaldo's 23-game streak wins 200 cc plus a 200 cc bonus for achieving a streak of 20 or more. Peter also won SCF's 2010 VIP mlb.com Beat the Streak contest! Congratulations Peter!

3rd Place: "meiguo" wins 100 cc plus a 200 cc bonus for achieving a streak of 20 or more. I don't know this person's SCF user name so I need this person to PM me. I've now learned that "meiguo2" is one of our favorite members, abah58. Congratulations Paul!

Congratulations to our winners!

SCF Rewards
    Country

it was quite a ride this year!

Do me a favor, though - put the phillips card in the card cash store for the site. Don't worry about sending it to me.

Blog Entries
    Country

Cool

it was quite a ride this year!

Do me a favor, though - put the phillips card in the card cash store for the site. Don't worry about sending it to me.

Very noble and generaous of you, Mike! I'll pass the word! Congrats again!