Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

football autograph question

hey all, was going to get a handful of footballs autographed but not sure what kind of football to buy?

now i know the official "DUKE" football would be the best to get but they are very pricey. anyone in here ever buy a cheaper version of the Duke or a diffrent off brand?

I know you want to get something close to the best, kind of pointless to get a sweet sig & have it on a cheap ball. kinda kills the integrity of the auto i believe.

thoughts & maybe some pics of off brand footballs you have had signed would be great.

Thanks..

SCF Rewards
    Country

nfl supergrip-its 15.00 at any walmart-or you can find a duke replica ball and it's 30.00.the duke replica doesn't sign as nice as the supergrip.i hope this helps

SCF Rewards
    Country

yes that does help, thank you. does the super grip display nice? or can you spot it & tell thats a cheap ball?

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think it looks good-cmb i have a couple signed in there-check out the adrian peterson full name auto-thats signed on a supergrip.

SCF Rewards
    Country

that is a sweet peterson bal in your bucket. Next time im at Wal-mart, going to check out the super grip footballs for sure.

thanks a ton for your input

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

The super grip is the way to go. Pretty much the standard that everyone uses if they aren't using a real game ball.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See seven20sports's Items on eBay

I would personally just buy them one at a time and use Authentic The Duke balls. No comparison no matter what anyone says. I have a Devery Henderson ball that was given to me that was signed on a Super Grip. The auto has pretty much completely faded doue to whatever they use to make the ball super grip I assume. Remeber...you get what you pay for.

Another option is to buy The Duke ball with one white panel for auto's. I find they look nice if you can deal with the white panel. I only use authentic balls though.

Just my two cents...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

I've never had a problem with super grips fading. Maybe the marker was a dud on the ball you have?

I agree you can't compare anything to an official game ball, but there aren't many guys I'd pay $70 for on a ball let alone for an unsigned ball. When the difference is $50+ on the price of a game ball to replica, it is hard to spring for the game ball. If money didn't matter I'd go game ball all day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

supergrips are fine-unless you have the 80.00 to spend evertime you want to get a autograph.