Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 122 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123124125132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1543

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for the interesting read. I share a lot of your frustration. Things were much better years ago and it only gets worse as the staduims get more security and higher fences. The players don't want to be bothered with the fans who buy the tickets and jerseys that allow teams to pay their salaries. I remember the days where you could go to a game or workout and literally get 20 different guys on each team, including the stars. Now there are days where absolutely nobody signs. At least with having some former players as managers or coaches now, you at least have a shot at getting some of them (like you did with Vizquel). Lakeland use to be great before the renovations. I think that Bradenton remains the best for autographs, even though that has changed some.

A few teams do have signing events (almost all teams used to but only a few do now). They are usually for spring training season ticket holders, but for the most part some people put theirs up on ebay or stubhub. The Orioles give 2 tickets to a team signing event for each spring training season ticket you buy, the Cardinals, Marlins, and Blue Jays also have events for spring training season ticket holders. For the Blue Jays, I think it is a barbeque and players are not obligated to sign (but usually do). All of the players don't necessarily show up for these events, sometimes it's just a handful of players. The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce also has a welcome back BBQ for the Tigers and many players show up, but they specifically state "no autographs", so I haven't been to that one.

I heard that Arizona is much better, since all of the stadiums are close to each other and most of the teams share stadiums so you can hit 2 teams in one shot. I always want to try that but it's hard to leave Florida since I'm already here and don't have to deal with flights, rental cars, or hotels.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

"Never. I'm guessing the team in general has a policy to not be friendly to graphers or fans."

Funny you mention that....I've heard from someone I trust they have signs (in the clubhouse in Detroit) to not sign Autographs for fans. They are a brutal signing team, most these guys have exclusive signing contracts with DC sports, and it generally ruins them. Since Miggy started charging $200+, he's become incredibly tough to get. He used to be pretty easy.

Torii Hunter is the man, though. One of the only guys who hasn't been ruined by becoming a Tiger. Which I knew you were doing the Tigers, would've told you not to waste your time. They've been terrible in Lakeland all spring.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

That might have helped, sadly.

All in all, I do regret it. I got Omar Vizquel and Kaline on day 1, so if I spent my time elsewhere thereafter, I'm sure I would have done better than just getting Torii Hunter in 2 days. I was just shocked that ANY team could be that bad.

Again, trying to stay positive, though :(

SCF Rewards
    Country

Always enjoy your stories. It's a shame that you were unable to get Miggy, but majority of people are probably jealous of most of your hauls. Try later on down the road and maybe the chance will happen again.

It's also interesting that ST has become not auto friendly across the board. I've always talked about going back for autos, the sun, and a nice vacation but my main objective is autos. Between the dealers, the people who have multiple items, and the people who push, it's discouraging to even invest in the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually got out to graph for the first time this month- did the Brewers. No one did it off the bus.

Waited around for a long while, a whole group of players went out as a team. Braun said maybe on the way back. Garza, though, was his typical kind self, cursing us out and telling us to get the F out and go home with our families.

We waited again for awhile, ended up putting a lot of time in. The group of players returned drunk, Braun stopped and signed, sweet spotted my ball.

Garza, who was waiting around while braun signed, was in a better mood from the liquid diet that he had for dinner, a bit sloshed, and said "fine I'll sign a few," as he was waiting around. As such I got him on the sweet spot of another ball.

Garza is nearly impossible so I'll take that anyday. Photos below:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good stuff

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got out to do some graphing this weekend. Quite a bit actually. Did the Marlins and the Braves.

Marlins were pretty uneventful. Stanton snubbed, he's getting really tough. Luckily I've been fortunate enough to have him 3 times already.

Ozuna was pretty good about it. He started signing and did about 5-6. The hotel secretary for the team all of a sudden started yelling "make a line guys! no pushing!" so I was next in line, but took a step back. 2 dealers immediately took my spot and shoved binders of cards in his face. He signed both binders, then shut it down right as he got to my ball. Thanks for nothing, lady.

During the course of the day, I filled out a team ball pretty nicely. It is for sale/trade if anyone likes it. In total I got the following on it:

Marmol, Eovaldi, McGehee, Reed Johnson, Tom Koehler, Derek Dietrich, Kevin Slowey, and the marlins 2 HOF broadcasters, van horn and ramirez, with inscriptions. Ball came out pretty nice.

One of my main targets was Yelich. He was nice enough about it. He sweet spotted for everyone there, then side paneled my ball. When I asked him to sweet spot it he said sorry man, can't. IDK what that was all about. Still a good graph to get, kid's a stud.

Then a nice, unexpected surprise. Tony Perez is an assistant to the marlins GM. He had just had a signing in the philly burbs that day, so he was there in town with the team. He came out and signed for everyone, got a nice sig on the sweet spot from the hall of famer.

Then Sunday I did the Braves. This one wasn't so good. No one went out, really, so we didn't see anyone. Upton snubbed us on the way out and way in.

The only player we did see who was nice about it was Gattis. Except he was as drunk as I've ever seen another human being be. He was slurring his words as he signed for us. Said his autograph was worthless so we should all sell it. He reminded us that he hit the longest HR in the history of the city of Philly slash THE WORLD. He was going on and on, he took drunken selfies with us making hilarious faces. Pretty... interesting.

But he was the only graph I got:

All in all not a bad weekend of graphing, I guess.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow that's an amazing Perez!

SCF Rewards
    Country

@awz50 & biggsy

Thanks guys! I was definitely happy to add some of these pieces to my collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Marlins Miami Heat
    See cypress561's Items on eBay

pm sent!!! I would love to get a crack at the team ball. Huge Marlins fan here!!! Crazy how I dont have any of those autos you listed. Missed them all in Spring Traning.

LMk thanks!!!

Page 122 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123124125132 ... LastLast