Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 132 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3282122129130131132133134135142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1543

SCF Rewards
    Country

That Okafor looks perfect!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks man! I always sweat bullets with the Decos but it was great this time. It's just that when they are bad, they are bad. And sometimes they explode.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Love the Barwin man. When he was in Houston he was always great with fans. Before he got too big he did a signing at a local home & garden show. Signed as many items as you had when we were there and took pictures with everyone. Good guy!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks guys, comments have been slow lately (especially considering I've knocked out some big ones), but I'm going to keep posting.

November started out with a bang, as I set out to graph the Cavs. Lebron ignored as usual (I heard tell that he actually denied the only person on the street 1 on 1 at midnight when he went out), so no surprises there. Kevin Love jogged by signing but I didn't get my stuff out fast enough. Sucks.

Kyrie stopped and signed and talked to us. Always a class act.

So NBA season already off to a decent start with Kyrie and Okafor.

As an aside, since I now have Kyrie on an SI, my old magazine (a DIME magazine) is now for sale- pictured below:

The other thing I did this week is last night I went to the Jerry Rice book signing in Ridgewood NJ (North Jersey). I was a little bummed that the book cover didn't have Rice's picture on it, but I don't usually turn down the chance to meet a legend for 25 bucks and get a graph on ANYTHING.

So my wife bought it for me for an XMas gift and we went.

Jerry was, to my great surprise, being REALLY nice to everyone. Joking, posing for whatever pictures people wanted, taking time to actually talk to people for 20-30 seconds every time. His handlers kept telling him to stop, and to hurry up, but he wouldn't listen. I was impressed, as I didn't know what to expect with him.

When I got to the front I was a bit annoyed because the girl in front of me was a marathon runner and she spent almost a full minute talking to him AS HE WAS SIGNING MY BOOK, so he barely talked to me. I think after he did it he realized what he did and turned and talked to me, even though the book was already signed and the handlers were hurrying us along.

I told him he should get on the juggs machine with his cousin, Jordan matthews. He seemed a bit shocked/offended and he's like "what does that mean?" and I said "he's your cousin right?" and he said yeah.

I said "well we love him in philly but he's killing us with the few drops he's been having."

I think he saw that I was mostly just joking at that point and he gave me a big laugh and said "I feel you man. I know what you mean."

Got a hand shake and a pretty nice pic with. That ring is ridiculous.

I asked for a HOF inscription and was yelled at by the handler, oh well. Graph came out pretty great.
    Last edited by cyberer; 11-03-2015 at 01:17 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

Jerry Rice, the GOAT, my favorite player as a kid and to this day!! I am so jealous! A few years ago, unbeknownst to me, he came and opened up a grocery store of all things a mere 40 minute drive away. My fellow 49ers loving "friend" did not tell me about this event, went down there, got a football signed for free, and then decided to text me the picture that night after it was over. Needless to say, that was the last straw and he is no longer my friend haha.

Great successes man!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome Rice. I've been to that place for a few signings before and always had a good time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tonight, my wife and I decided to go to the Eagles pep rally in Richboro at Big Heads Tavern with guests Dorembos and Brandon Graham. I have wanted to add Graham to the collection since he got drafted but never got him for whatever reason, so it was great.

Dorembos got there early and stayed late, class act as always. When he got there he saw a guy getting photos with cheerleaders with his jersey on. He jumped up on the stage and photobombed the guy, pointing to his jersey, and the guy didn't notice until after. It was funny.

Dorembos couldn't be nicer, he signed the item at the event (an Eagles 8x10 logo provided at the event). He was also doing card tricks, and signed a card for my wife and inscribed everything the magician. Kinda weird but very funny.

Graham got there a few minutes later and was a class act as well. Talked to everyone, signed whatever you had (I wish I brought more) and took photos. My wife and I got a sick photo with, and got a bunch of signed gear. Again, wish I brought more!

We also got a few cheerleader photos for a friend.

The food was better than expected, and the graphing was great. So all in all, despite the ~1 hour rush hour drive to get there (only a half hour back), it was worth it for a fun night out. We didn't win the raffle for a Sam Bradford signed full-size helmet or game tickets though, that was the only bummer. Still some great additions to the PC.

FYI- I would probably sell a Dorembos or a Graham.
    Last edited by cyberer; 11-14-2015 at 11:28 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dolphins

I got out this weekend to do the Dolphins. I heard from online reports that they were a good signing team, so I wanted to check it out. Moreover, I got a hot tip about Marino traveling, though not traveling with the team. I decided to act on that tip.

It panned out, Marino showed up as I heard he would. He got out of the car and said no to us. Some kids and their parents followed him and asked to take a picture with him and he said yes. We had been walking behind and watched what happened with the picture. After the picture, he signed the kids' football.

Someone said cmon dan there are only a few of us. So he quickly ran with the kids' black sharpie and signed for the ~5 of us there.

I'm not crazy about black sharpie but this one came out okay all things considered, and I'll take what I can get. The only minor gripe that I have is that he was hurrying and complaining the whole time, so the 3 in his number came out kind of flat and looks more like a 7, but hey, the sig itself looks good.

He didn't pick up a pen again the entire trip, so I am REALLY fortunate. None of the other regulars got him.

None of the other big guys really signed, though I did fill out a pretty nice team piece with the following:

Zack Bowman
    Walt Aikens
    Jake Stoneburner
    Jordan Cameron
    Neville Hewitt
    Olivier Vernon
    Billy Turner
    Jason Fox
    Michael Thomas
    Jamil Douglas
    Brandon Williams
    Koa Misi
    Branden Albert
    Mike Pouncey
    Jimmy Cephalo
    Brent Grimes
    Al Saunders
    Bill Lazor
    Davante Parker

Suh ignored, Jarvis and Jennings ignored, Tannehill and Lamar Miller ignored, Ajayi did a few but I missed him. After I left last night I guess Bob Griese and Gannon did a few.

I did okay, but honestly if I hadn't gotten that Marino tip, it would have been a bad weekend. The other forums that said they signed a lot were mostly wrong.

I would sell the dolphins team piece if anyone wants it.
    Last edited by cyberer; 11-15-2015 at 12:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice successes Erik! Congrats.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks man! It's been a great last few weeks of graphing and I'm glad you're back in the thread!

Page 132 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3282122129130131132133134135142 ... LastLast