Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 112 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1543

SCF Rewards
    Country

hey where do you guys get ur floorboards? thanks

BANNED

Country

hey where do you guys get ur floorboards? thanks

This is the third thread you've asked this question on. I've told you twice, in both my own IP thread and in a PAC-12 tourney thread you brought back from the dead. Do you not believe me or something? Menards or Home Depot has them for cheap. I get my from Menards personally.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just saw this. i think I got mine from lowes but home depot has them too. 12x12 vinyl floorboard with adhesive backing and hardwood appearance. He is right.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey Erik

Your mailbox is full.

SCF Rewards
    Country

fixed

SCF Rewards
    Country

After my crazy March, where I got pretty much every autograph that I ever dreamed of in Arizona, I needed a break. Sure, I went to the Steve Carlton freebie on opening day, but by and large I took April off.

However, today a buddy of mine gave me a tip too juicy not to get out and graph. Mike Tyson's one man show was in town, at a venue that I know well- the academy of music. I know the stage entrance and it is accessible.

So we rolled out. As usual, the security guards gave us no end to bullcrap about how we are wasting our time and he won't sign, etc. One guard, though, was cool and told us that if we just waited and didn't hassle anyone or bum rush him, we had a good shot.

We were a bit worried that he would not sign, because inside he was offering a 500 dollar package where you get a pre-signed glove and a meet and greet and a VIP ticket to the show. We thought that given the price tag, he'd only want to spend time with people who paid that price to go to charity.

We waited about an hour until his car pulled up. He got out, he is obviously unmistakeable and impossible to miss.

I was closest to him, and I called him over. He signed my photo. I had a boxing glove- I asked him if he could sign gloves, he said no. Bummer.

He kept going up and down the line, signing signing signing. There were only 4 of us there, and 2 people who randomly stumbled onto it who happened to walk by. He signed my second photo, and then passed over my glove again. Other people had gloves but he wouldn't do them. Bummer. He kept racking- we ran out of items before he stopped signing. I wish I had more photos.

The whole time he was being really weird though. Nice to us, for sure, but weird. He has those terrifying, glazed over killer eyes, and he intensely stared at you as he signed the items. He was talking to us a bit. A guy who was with me met him previously, and he was like "OH YEAH?! WHERE?!" in a strange tone of voice.

After he was done signing, he went up and down the line shaking all of our hands, thanking us for coming tonight, and giving us that creepy leering stare that he has.

I don't mean to say he was mean to us- on the contrary he was really nice, just a bit strange, to be sure. Here are the photos- I wish he did the boxing gloves but still epic success!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I met him last yr in AC. Didn't know he didn't do gloves & tried 3x to get the glove signed throughout the day. He never turned me down, but his personal security guard get telling me he won't sign & to stop asking or I'll piss him off. Once I put the glove away & asked for a picture with, he was the nicest guy chatting w/me while the security guy took my photo. My buddy who is a serious boxing collector & has met him numerous times walks up w/his nephew & a friend. All had flats (programs & 8x10) & he signed them no problem. My buddy then told me once he left, he never does gloves. I said thanks for telling me before he left, I had an 8x10 in my bag, would've tried that instead if my friend or his security just said he wouldn't sign gloves...™™™™™™™s! Congrats, I'll get his graph eventually!
    Last edited by bishop19; 05-03-2013 at 12:47 AM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

He was in Michigan a few weeks back and racked as well, it was a bum rush though, he'd only sign specific gloves. Whichever company he's involved with is the only gloves he'll sign apparently, he was a pretty funny guy (and likes to do recreational activities on the balcony of his hotel room).

Photos turned out good!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Maybe out of left field here but of course the guy is going to be strange...he's a boxing great. He goes his entire career getting punched and beaten, of course there's going to be a couple of screws loose. That being said, it's awesome to hear that Tyson is a nice guy and funny as well. It's always good to hear about how nice people are and that their ego isnt overshadowing their talent. Congrats dude!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey Erik

FYI: I put our trade in the manager, but your mailbox was full so I doubt you got it. I'll get the stuff out as soon as you confirm it. Thanks again!

Page 112 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115122 ... LastLast