Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 128 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1543

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey SCF friends, it is my first time posting in a long while, life kind of got in the way of graphing.

Anyways I got out and graphed the 76ers on Monday night, and got pretty good results.

First, for the "sure thing," I bought a partial sixers season plan that included an 8x10 signed photo of Nerlens Noel

And because we bought the plan we were able to get in a half hour early before the gates open. We got primo spots on the sixers tunnel and waited. The whole team was practicing, including embiid.

I don't follow basketball too closely, so the first person off the court was KJ McDaniels. I was going to pass over him, but my NBA fan buddy that was with me said he's blowing up so that I should get him. I researched him after and indeed he is, so I'm glad I got him.

World B Free also came out and greeted the crowd, and Tony Wroten came off the court too. I got all 3 on a 12x12 hardwood floorboard.

Nerlens Noel came off next, and signed a lot (I heard he is tough). He did 20-30 at least. It kind of felt like the sixers told the team to be nice to the capacity crowd (vs the Cavs).

Got Noel on an 8x10. It annoys me that I got Noel on my promo photo when I could have chosen Embiid, seeing as I got Noel the other night.

MCW came off and signed 10-15 graphs, also was being pretty nice about it. I have him previously on a basketball, but I got him on an item I've wanted done for a long time- a Syracuse March Madness SI cover.

Finally, Embiid came off and said he was "too busy rehabbing" whatever that means. I heard from our season ticket rep that he is not the nicest guy- I might not get him at all! I wish I got him on the promo photo. Oh well.

All in all, a good night of graphing. That is, as good as can be with a 5 win team. Hopefully lots of future studs here!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Glad to see you back man. It has been a while and you're stuff is always cool to see. Also, lmk about one of the two Noel items. I've told you before, my whole family is from Philly so there's a soft spot, plus I would kill for a Noel. Maybe we could work out a trade or something.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks man, good to have some success after a long layoff.

Yeah I would be open to moving the red background Noel (the one I received from the team). I'd prefer cash but would consider a trade. Let me know.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hey clear out your Inbox so I can PM you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice to see you back! Great success

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got out graphing a bit the last few weeks, and I know people like to read this stuff so here I am. I have some pretty decent stories from out there graphing. Looking forward to the start of the baseball season, should get out some weekends.

On Scranton's St. Patrick Day parade, I went to a Breaking Benjamin concert. Breaking Ben is a high school favorite band of mine- they are from scranton so it was easy to support the local music. I had their CDs and everything. They broke up for years because of the lead singer's health issues, but he is back with some reshuffled members touring and releasing new music again.

Anyways we went to a small acoustic show in Scranton and it was great. We tried to get to the stage entrance as he was running off, but he was too fast. We caught the Aaron bassist as he was leaving shortly after- the stage and got him to bring the CD and case backstage to get Ben to sign. Ben signed it for us. I compared the handwriting to real graphs online (never know if the bassist just winged it) and it checks out, so... awesome!

Onwards to some sports graphing.

I bought a sixers partial season ticket plan, and have been going to games. After last night's game I was fortunate enough to get a season ticket holders' (partial) autograph session with the team.

I have heard horrible things about embiid- every time he just works out until the VERY end of shootaround, and then runs in head down plowing through fans. Same thing happened tonight.

As bad as Embiid is, Nerlens Noel is that good. He has signed every game I went to, even as he has EXPLODED. He had 23 pts, 10 boards, 5 steals and 3 blocks last night at the game. Crazy. Anyways I got him and Luc MbahMoute on a custom floorboard, to go along with the 2 8x10s of him I have done.

So I still need embiid. During the game I get word that Embiid will be the player after the game! I am really excited because I am going to get him. They also said 2 other players would be with him.

After the game, I brought my ESPN magazine NBA draft cover with Embiid on it. My friend and I were 4th in line.

They told us 3 players would be there. 1 showed up (embiid) and the sixers employees said tough luck on the other 2. 1 out of 3 players, really?

Ok fine 1 player but it was embiid the one player I wanted. I get up to him in line. He has a silver sharpie and a black in front of him that the handlers gave him.

I ask him to use the silver because my picture had a black background, even offering to hand him my own silver.

He GROWLS at me like an angry bear, doesn't say a word and GRABS THE PICTURE OUT OF MY HAND. I tell him he's going to ruin it and he growls again and signs it in black making the autograph invisible. Photo attached.

If he had just said no like a normal human being, I had an item to get signed in black, but since he grabbed it out of my hand, I couldn't adjust. I've seriously never head or seen anything like it. He didn't say a word.

One time Michael Vick did the same thing, signed a black on black, but at least he said "sorry man, not doing it." That was bad enough, but to get growled at? It wasn't even a frustrated "ugh this is annoying" groan; it was an aggressive "you are pissing me off!" growl. From a man that big it is kind of scary, but I'm a big guy too.

I tried to complain to a sixers employee but he told me to leave. Oh well. I emailed my season ticket rep livid about the whole thing, will see where it goes.

Photo:

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Welcome back! Good stuff!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Marlins Miami Heat
    See cypress561's Items on eBay

I love this thread. Always look forward to your stuff. Keep it coming please!

SCF Rewards
    Country

love the Breaking Benjamin signature and the story behind it. BB is one of my favorite bands can't wait for the new album to come out

SCF Rewards
    Country

How was breaking Ben...did they still play there old hits, or just stuff off the new album?

They just posted they'll be playing a show close to here and my wife and I both love there past stuff, so were debating going

Page 128 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138 ... LastLast